Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
mece, +1

Exactly what I think'll happen next week.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
mece, +1

Exactly what I think'll happen next week.
I'm super anxious to learn more about a possible developer program. I really really hope I qualify...
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
+2 mece, that's exactly what I was Told weeks ago by people in the know and I writ it in this thread and nobody believed me. Since I writ it it was confirmed by Z and K123, so I'm very confident. BTW my main source as declined to speak to me about Harmattan for last 2 weeks b/c this thread getting quoted all over the net, at End of May he said Just wait till June.
I still managed to get some WP7 info though but you guys don't want to hear on here lol

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-06-15 at 17:56.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
there was only 1 "disruptive" device from apple, and that was the first iphone. very poor hardware but a very smooth and easy to use ui with a big touch screen. thats all, the hardware was crap. and they didnt had an app store or a sdk at the beginning. and all other phone were just refresh versions of the first 1 (getting 3G and later a little bit more speed), iphone4 is the first real smartphone in my eyes. simple and nice ui + perfect marketing = big success.

@disruption:
the first and last situation nokia used this word was in one sentence with meego/maemo. so its very likely that we will see this "future disruption" device with maemo inside

6 days left...
You forget the iPAD, a phenomenal success

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Except Elop said back in February that he was using Meego for future disruptions. So if they are pitching it as a market disrupting device it is not unreasonable to expect it to be Meego. And consider what exactly is disruptive about a WP7 device, it is not like it would be the first WP7 device anyway.
My post was slightly tongue-in-cheek. Slightly.

Ah, see, I want it to be a MeeGo/Harmattan/whatever device so much. However, there's this faint memory of having been fooled by Nokia promises^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H hints/leaks on this subject before. Also, the very recent departure for "personal reasons" of former CTO/MeeGo champion Green does not bode well.

I'm aware of the previous "market-disrupting device" reference, but then I'm also aware of Elop saying how MeeGo-on-Nokia progress inspired "confidence and excitement" as late as the tail end of November 2010, and look how that turned out...

I don't think WP7 will be disruptive; rather, I think that the Nokia board believes/hopes/Koolaids that it will be disruptive.

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-06-15 at 18:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
The way i see it is that nokia CEO statements for the new maemo harmattan with the words "disruption" or phrase "our next sense" or according to the invitation would figure that in fact the 21st event invitation is def relating to a maemo harmattan either dev "dali" or probability "lankku" more so.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
THE COUNTDOWN STARTS NOW:

6 Days to go!

the official disclosure for the fcc for RM-680 "dali" device is up on 24th so could they be just announcing this device instead for development platform purposes at the event? Is it even possible? because is the consumer device ready yet? no because devs get a device first to work on play around with well before consumer device is released & this hasn't happened yet or has it. Have people here really been drive testing the lankku device? Well everyone is pretty certain that the slate device has been in the hands of few lucky people fr quite some time & i would not despute or disregard such acknowledgements or facts told. I dunno i think it makes sense that the lankku device is unknown & not much is known officially. so yeah it seems reasonable to draw all facts, statements, put the puzzle together & "lankku" device is the only device tha makes sense for this "disruption"

Last edited by 1337INT13H; 2011-06-15 at 18:39.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
The near-fact that this is a harmattan device wich will be meego compatible got me exited. Since the n95 the only devices worth having were Maemo IMO (for tech enthousiasts such as me). So there may be hope.

Then again, Nokia is an expert of letting people down.. we'll see soon

The Following User Says Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Release date or nothing! To bad I don't is a major shareholder or chuck norris. I would been able to force them to release the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland