Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Just been on the phone to shop.nokia.co.uk and was told pre orders will ship either today or Monday woohoo!

The Following User Says Thank You to bret hart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by bret hart View Post
Just been on the phone to shop.nokia.co.uk and was told pre orders will ship either today or Monday woohoo!
Yeah, right. Won't believe until someone posts a picture with delivered production N900 unit in his/her hand.

Originally Posted by bret hart View Post
I can confirm this.

Just called Nokia Online Store (UK) too and was told all pre-orders will be shipped out either today or Monday. Was kindly told to specifically watch the Inbox for the delivery email today.

Get in!

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Wow.. I'm feeling sooo exclusive as an MPD customer now... uh huh...

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
I can confirm this.

Just called Nokia Online Store (UK) too and was told all pre-orders will be shipped out either today or Monday. Was kindly told to specifically watch the Inbox for the delivery email today.

Get in!
I know you're excited buddy but that's the third thread I've read that in

And yes I am a sad git for reading all of the threads before you fire one back.

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by slate8 View Post
Wow.. I'm feeling sooo exclusive as an MPD customer now... uh huh...
They've removed the exclusivity part from their pages now, so i assume they could be done for false advertising... If any lawyers are really bored - have we got a case? hehe

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
They've removed the exclusivity part from their pages now, so i assume they could be done for false advertising... If any lawyers are really bored - have we got a case? hehe
I'm sticking with MPD because I can't afford to pay for a SIM-free handset at the moment, but that's my lot with them, I would not recommend them to anyone else and if anyone asks me to recommend online sellers I will point them in a different direction (emobiles etc).

I don't think Nokia/MPD realise how much damage they are doing to their company when they mess around early adopters. Statistically we are a very small part of their revenue, but in terms of word of mouth we are probably their most important customers. We are exactly the people who will act as advocates for the brand, pass on recommendations to friends/family. I'm sure for many of you it's the same, you are the geek that everyone turns to when they need advice about which laptop/MP3 player/phone to buy. If a company or shop do something to really annoy me, then I won't recommend them to anyone else.

I think the problem with Nokia is that they have this organic approach to customer relations and brand loyalty, they think everything can be done through blogs, forums, twitter, meet-ups and the like, but they are very poor at communicating direct information to the people who buy their products. I know people who work in the industry and they concur, they find its much easier to get direct information out of Samsung and LG than from Nokia.

The point is brand loyalty is not like family loyalty, we can pretty much forgive our family everything but we are very fickle when it comes to brands (and so we should be). One or two screw ups and that's our lot, we move on and find some other brand who meet our needs. Nokia/MPD/Nokia flagships etc don't seem to understand this.

Ok, rant over, I'm just super pi55ed that I'm not going to be getting my phone from MPD for another two weeks...

The Following User Says Thank You to dreadnought For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
I'm sticking with MPD because I can't afford to pay for a SIM-free handset at the moment, but that's my lot with them, I would not recommend them to anyone else and if anyone asks me to recommend online sellers I will point them in a different direction (emobiles etc).

I don't think Nokia/MPD realise how much damage they are doing to their company when they mess around early adopters. Statistically we are a very small part of their revenue, but in terms of word of mouth we are probably their most important customers. We are exactly the people who will act as advocates for the brand, pass on recommendations to friends/family. I'm sure for many of you it's the same, you are the geek that everyone turns to when they need advice about which laptop/MP3 player/phone to buy. If a company or shop do something to really annoy me, then I won't recommend them to anyone else.

I think the problem with Nokia is that they have this organic approach to customer relations and brand loyalty, they think everything can be done through blogs, forums, twitter, meet-ups and the like, but they are very poor at communicating direct information to the people who buy their products. I know people who work in the industry and they concur, they find its much easier to get direct information out of Samsung and LG than from Nokia.

The point is brand loyalty is not like family loyalty, we can pretty much forgive our family everything but we are very fickle when it comes to brands (and so we should be). One or two screw ups and that's our lot, we move on and find some other brand who meet our needs. Nokia/MPD/Nokia flagships etc don't seem to understand this.

Ok, rant over, I'm just super pi55ed that I'm not going to be getting my phone from MPD for another two weeks...
I got hacked off with MPD in the past hence why I went to shop.nokia.co.uk this time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Ok, rant over, I'm just super pi55ed that I'm not going to be getting my phone from MPD for another two weeks...;)
Fear not (yet). As I said, I won't believe that shippable N900 exists in the UK, until someone actually get one delivered. If that happens, and my MPD order will still say 'Pending Stock', then I'd get quite mad at MPD and their so-called 'exclusivity'...

Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
I know you're excited buddy but that's the third thread I've read that in

And yes I am a sad git for reading all of the threads before you fire one back.
Because people keeps making new threads rather than using just THE one thread which relates to delivery which I told everyone to use.

So now I ended up spreading the love to loads of different threads.

Tags
£306!!