Yeah, somehow I just realized that, my apologies. That was stupid lol. Sorry for causing any trouble.

Originally Posted by bobofosho123 View Post
Yeah, somehow I just realized that, my apologies. That was stupid lol. Sorry for causing any trouble.
And here are my new questions as written above: I don't have a problem with new firmware per say, the issue is that I now have two new problems that I didn't have before flashing this firmware. The first one is that my N9 is no longer remembering my passwords for any accounts and prompts me for them whenever I try to flash the device. The second one is that whenever I attempt to execute any command in terminal in root mode I always get a "permission denied" message. Any ideas?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
you haven't flashed correctly? Flash the same image you flashed with as the passwords issue is an open mode issue and if you flash properly it should return to normal mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Ok, will do. Thanks for your help. I'm redownloading the same image again to make sure it's not somehow corrupt. I'll reflash the device with the image again and report back when done. Much obliged!

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
you haven't flashed correctly? Flash the same image you flashed with as the passwords issue is an open mode issue and if you flash properly it should return to normal mode.
One more question, can you explain the second issue I mentioned? Is me not being able to execute commands in the terminal also related to the open mode problem?

Originally Posted by bobofosho123 View Post
One more question, can you explain the second issue I mentioned? Is me not being able to execute commands in the terminal also related to the open mode problem?
It should not happen this way; can you post what you did? If you do devel-su does it ask for password and entering rootme gives you Permission denied?

Hi there, I cant seem to download flasher 3.12.1.exe from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php for harmattan, since I wish to reflash my N9 to remove the dual boot kernel that I did for Nitdroid ages ago, just wondering if anyone can help me with a link or can send me the files?

ojf250,

From the first post:

MOD EDIT: Flasher tools site is currently down; official mirror is located here

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Hello Everyone,

I have a Nokia N9 16GB with meego 1.2. Last night i tried to install android on it using sillyboot and os flashing. I accidently installed sillyboot 2 times, one was the original silly boot one was silly boot v2 and flashed it. I bricked the phone and when i am trying to turn it on first it gives me the warning message and then the Nokia Logo and then a message that Device Not Working Properly and this :-

"Try Updating your device software with Nokia Software Updater. If the problem presists please contact the Nokia Care Centre.

problem (inforserver);
too many reboots"

I tried flashing it again but it didnt worked.

Please help me :'( if my mom finds out about it i am doomed =P :'(

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, first things first. Do you have backups of the device (backups that are OUTSIDE the device, I mean), and if not, do you have anything of value on the phone that you would need to back up?

If you have backups, or do not care about the data in the device, full flashing it (rootfs+emmc) will recover the device to "factory state"

If you have data on the device that you need to back up, then it gets a bit trickier but it is doable.

Tags
flashing, nokia n9