Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
I bought today Golla Dome pouch for N900. N900 fits perfect and the pouch looks cool (Finnish desing There is also extra pockets for credit cards and for example money or extra battery.

http://store.androidcentral.com/goll...4A193A5355.htm

In the local shopping mall the price was only 9 euros.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmk For This Useful Post:
Hey guys, what are your opinions of these cases?

1. Soft silicone 2-piece case
- I suspect the fit will be quite loose. How do they stay secured on the phone? I have a soft silicone 1-piece case for my 5800. While the fit sucks, I suppose it does offer protection. I really liked the 2-piece hard rubber 5800 case, but the clips broke off within a few weeks and I think I read that the N900 version leaves scratches. Is this true? Are there any hard rubber cases that don't leave scratches?
2. PDair case
- I am not a fan of the white stitching or the clear plastic keyboard covering (will it eventually loosen the slider?). But Noreve cases are so damn expensive.
3. Is this a PDair clone?
- Looks like a clone but with folding on the opposite side compared to PDair. And no ugly white stitching.
4. Zagg full body
- I've ready they only last a few months. Is this true?

Last edited by davetech; 2010-01-19 at 09:16.

I think the PDair case is very sucks casue it ruined the invisible shied and tthe belt clip just broke in one day of usage

- the PDAir pouch is very tight but works well for me since I only have a screen-protector. Approx $25
- the CaseLogic is a wonderful pouch; comforting, warm, and fits very well. Approx $10

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to besides For This Useful Post:
Nice! Where did you get the Caselogic pouch which I'm assuming is the bottom pics? Is it really thick?

Also, is this the PDair that you have? I don't see a belt clip in the auction pics. How durable and secure is your PDair belt clip? Are there any magnets involved with that PDair?

I was thinking about getting a lambskin sleeve but it doesn't look like it covers the entire phone.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bahrain
Just bought 2 rubberized covers and they look great and fit perfectly.
Also bought 3 cheap screen protectors from Ebay, this time they are perfect, the earlier ones has no holes for the speakers

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
@ agogo

What screen protectors, link url name?
Can you post pictures of how the edges and cutouts of the screen protector looks like, on your N900?

And yes, I am very happy you found some good products

davetech,

I bought the Caselogic from Staples on my way home after picking up the N900. I was desperate but soon realized it was a good choice. It was on sale for $10 and I suspect it was last year's model since the carabine included (not pictured) is not round like the current model on CaseLogic's site.
http://www.caselogic.com/pockets_tra...?modelid=86122

It is thick but soft. When placed in a pocket it compresses. I will use this whenever I need to put the N900 in a bag along with other items, as all its sides will be covered/protected.

Here are the PDAir variants:
no clip http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...ducts_id=24084
with clip http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...ducts_id=24074

I don't care much for the belt clip but I got it thinking that I can use it to attach a lanyard to it to wear around my neck. The clip is very strong but I can't report on how well it works as I have never attached it to a belt. There are no magnets anywhere.

Best compact case yet but not without its faults. Firstly, the inside material which rubs against the phone as it's inserted and extracted seems a bit rough and will, as a previous poster noted, possibly remove protectors. In addition, I was expecting a velvety inside surface which would wipe clean the phone as it enters and exits the case. Second, IT IS MY OPINION that the case is not made of leather, but well built nonetheless and worth $20-30.

Thank you for that. I went ahead and ordered a Caselogic and may go with a Zagg when the 50% deal returns.

Last edited by davetech; 2010-01-21 at 02:06.

Thanks for that Caselogic info. Does it have an interior or exterior pocket, aside from the major space for the phone? I'm not too keen on putting headphones in the same space as the phone, all loose and banging around; I'd prefer a sewn-in pocket, like the Caselogic items usually have, for SD cards or small wires and such. Thanks for the info.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector