Active Topics

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by Micoz View Post
Hi all, it is well possible that I've missed some information what comes to questions raised above. How likely is that these two very frustrating things will be corrected on the upcoming PR 1.2?

Many thanks in advance!
Out of Office messages are not in PR1.2. (And I don't think that they will be implemented even in PR1.3).
About recipients. First of all, GAL support is added in PR1.2. In PR1.1 when you are starting to type an email address we are checking your contacts and suggesting to choose from the contacts that are matched to the entered part of email address (actually or contact's name). Sorry if I wrong and it is done only in PR1.2, because PR1.1 released quite long time ago

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
I have updated to PR1.2 beta on my N950, and I still have problems with mail synchronization with my IMAP mail server. I.e., mails moved / deleted using some other mail client does not sync ok to N950.

Also, a new problem is that each time I delete a mail message the e-mail application crashes (not a problem in PR1.1).

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Another user also has problems with thread view.
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=837

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Hi all, like a promised an Alpha version of the app that can allow you to set your MfE/Email account settings to some officially unsupported values is ready. It is quite dummy application made during the evenings etc.
So, the source code is available here:
https://github.com/kashin/MeMailSettings

.deb package is attached. First of all let me explain how it works. On the first page you should click on an account that you'd like to edit. On the second page you will see the list of ALL account's settings (currently they are shown as Strings). You looking for a setting that you want to change, changing it and then clicking on a "save setting" button (Yeah, I know UI is bad etc... ).

Now, about some "hacks":
1) As far as I remember there were a question about "how to sync all emails from my MfE account". Here is the answer:
All you need to do is to set the MfE account's setting "email/past_time" as 0 (and click "save setting" btn after that of course :-D ).

2) And about downloading full message's MIME. MfE accounts have 2 settings: "email_mime" and "email/email_mime". If you want to enable it then change both settings to "TRUE".

WARNING and NOTE:
1) The first 'hack' might confuse you a bit, because after that you will see sync back mails option as "3 days" value in the accounts application (plus it might overwrite this setting in the DB, so it's better to not save it at all (or even not open mail account settings)).
2) This application (MeMailSettings) is made by my self and it is not the Nokia app.
3) If you will change something to an invalid value your account(s) can become "wild" and do something nasty, so please be careful and change anything only on your own risk.
!!!!THIS IS NOT SOMETHING RECOMMENDED TO DO. DO IT IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!!!

P.S. Later I want to add folders mapper into this application for the servers that do not support XLIST.
P.P.S. If I missed any hack that I told you before, feel free to ask me about it again I'll give you an answer (if I can ) about how to do it.

Cheers Sergey - that was me annoying you about the "sync all" :-). Thanks so much.

If I can get add star or flag now I would be perfect :-)

regards,

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
P.S. Later I want to add folders mapper into this application for the servers that do not support XLIST.
Yes, please! I hope this becomes part of the mail client by default but still it is better than nothing if you could add support for this!

Thx!

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I still have problems with mail synchronization with my IMAP mail server. I.e., mails moved / deleted using some other mail client does not sync ok to N950.
Are you sure that your other email clients are moving/deleting/changing messages status etc. as well on the server side? For example Icedove(Thunderbird) doing it not instantly. In my case all messages from bugzilla are moved on the server in "Bugzilla" folder only after some time (and it is fine for me, because this is my settings ).

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Also, a new problem is that each time I delete a mail message the e-mail application crashes (not a problem in PR1.1).
Are you using a Hotmail? There is a known problem with hotmail in thread mode (unfortunately not fixed in PR1.2 beta, may be will be fixed in official PR1.2 release). Any way, can you provide the logs for this crash?

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Another user also has problems with thread view.
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=837
I've checked your database and I can see that some mails are grouped in threads (will send you a message with some subjects of the threads). For more info about why most of your messages are not grouped please check my comment in the bug 837.

Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
Yes, please! I hope this becomes part of the mail client by default but still it is better than nothing if you could add support for this!

Thx!
Just wait a bit, at first I want to improve UI and etc. Probably this functionality will be done on the next week.

Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
Cheers Sergey - that was me annoying you about the "sync all" :-). Thanks so much.

If I can get add star or flag now I would be perfect :-)

regards,
You mean flags for emails in fenix?) Unfortunately, it can be done only in fenix code Perhaps some part of this functionality can be done in PR1.3

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

I'm having a problem here. I have synced all of my contacts and it works, but some of the contacts are missing phone numbers, some are not. What should I do?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
I'm having a problem here. I have synced all of my contacts and it works, but some of the contacts are missing phone numbers, some are not. What should I do?
Are you using an Exchange server + outlook or something else?

I had the same problem with the exchange server and the reason was that the protocol did not allow more than one number configured per type.

For example you need to have one business, one home and one mobile..
To "fix it" I went to outlook and corrected all my contacts to be like that.

PS: Now with pr1.2, I have a new problem but I will search more and describe it later when I understand more.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
I remember on the iPhone, there was a way to set Gmail (Exchange) not to archive emails when they were deleted on the phone. Anyone mind posting instructions on how to do that?

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Are you using an Exchange server + outlook or something else?

I had the same problem with the exchange server and the reason was that the protocol did not allow more than one number configured per type.

For example you need to have one business, one home and one mobile..
To "fix it" I went to outlook and corrected all my contacts to be like that.
Thanks for your post

Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
This is the protocol limitation. Check Saturn's post for more info about "workaround".

Originally Posted by tibere86 View Post
I remember on the iPhone, there was a way to set Gmail (Exchange) not to archive emails when they were deleted on the phone. Anyone mind posting instructions on how to do that?
There is no way to change it (at least atm).

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950