Active Topics

Closed Thread
I don't think it's crazy they didn't drop from stox europe earlier... Nokia has been Big.

Nokia has been Elopped. RIP.

Originally Posted by bbin View Post
+20% in 7 days. Not bad for a company which is about to fail big time. Many think it's dead already.

It's crazy that Nokia didn't drop from Stox Europe 50 index earlier.
whats funny about this it because of symbian. zombie OS simply wont die. its going to predate wp7 sales

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
WP7 2011 is like KIN 2010!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

WP7 is more like Windows 3.11, isn't it? Everybody knows it, but nobody know why. And it's about to be replaced by something much better.

Yes, I do believe Windows 8 will be a much better OS, even on a phone, than Windows Phone 7. But then, as a Phone OS it will probably be exactly as unfinished as Android on Google Dev Phone and Maemo on N900. And the next version will probably be released four years later.

After a good month where Nokia has done significantly better than the market in general, it seems they're having a down day again. I'm not sure what brought that. Under 6 now.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I noticed that Nokia stock seems to have now settled below 4 euros, which reminded me about this post I made last year....

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Finnish investment bank FIM has just downgraded their Nokia target price to 5€/share (from previous 8€)...they are considered experts in Nokia analysis.
... I recall thinking at the time that these guys and their 5 euro targets are totally insane. Anyways, yesterday danish Danske Bank said that Microsoft could buy Nokia's smartphone division. Today Swedish-Finnish Nordea Bank is saying that Microsoft is eying to buy whole Nokia. Finally news that could drive the stock price up.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Just bought nokia stocks so run to the stores and buy lots of lumias!

and if not I might have a chance go kick Elop from the job during some future votes. That will be priceless!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I noticed that Nokia stock seems to have now settled below 4 euros, which reminded me about this post I made last year....

... I recall thinking at the time that these guys and their 5 euro targets are totally insane. Anyways, yesterday danish Danske Bank said that Microsoft could buy Nokia's smartphone division. Today Swedish-Finnish Nordea Bank is saying that Microsoft is eying to buy whole Nokia. Finally news that could drive the stock price up.
Microsoft will not buy Nokia or parts of Nokia. If they do it is going to kill the market for windows phone. No other phone maker will create wp phones if Microsoft starts to compete creating phones.

What Microsoft was interested in is already completed with the Nokia transaction to WP. Nokias fokus on the developer platform QT is removed, this was a dangerous competitor to Microsoft Windows. And Nokia is killing the megamarket for Symbian phones.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
lets say nokia gets economic problems in the future ms might have buy nokia if they still want to fight on the mobile market...

...so never say never. They might be forced to do it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen