Notices

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "i want program msn" with fourteen posts has been merged into this thread.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Well there is..

GTalk (initate the call from a PC and answer on your N900).

and

aMSN, it had MSN web-cam support, but it was a little buggy.
aMSN used to have web-cam support but it does not work in 0.8 version anymore.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i have a network error problem on both my yahoo and msn accounts, what could i've done wrong?

please advise. thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
i also get a network error with the aim plugin. i dont know what it is, but when i delete the account it will connect again, i have done this three times i refuse to do it again, it re downloads my buddy list and i have to re integrate the contacts list which is the single most time consuming and annoying venture i have experienced on a handheld device. if it would match up the aim account with the names already in the contacts it would be fine but it repopulates the list, and i have to manually merge the contacts. please any help would be appreciated.

thanks
shady

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
@gabby and shady: I have noticed a similar problem. I played about a bit and found a solution that seems to work for me with less hassle than shady seems to be having.

All these protocols seem to be quite heavy in terms of network usage when they startup and I would suspect that timing is an issue here. I've found that 'enabling' one acount at a time when this issue occurs seems to solve the issue. Let each account complete it's login before moving onto the next.

That said, I have noticed that Yahoo has been very stubborn recently so maybe a protocol change or overloaded servers have something to do with it too?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dortmund, Germany
Have a look at the advanced settings. My ICQ plugin sometimes changes the port a so I get the network error... change it back to 5190 and all is just fine again.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by NuMetal View Post
Have a look at the advanced settings. My ICQ plugin sometimes changes the port a so I get the network error... change it back to 5190 and all is just fine again.
Yes, this happens to me often(2-3 times a week).

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
aMSN used to have web-cam support but it does not work in 0.8 version anymore.
Have you filed a bug report for this or voted for an existing one if someone else has?

yea i checked the aim port this morning and it was -28906xxxx but it was bass-ackwards so i changed it back. im going to try the one on one connection and see if that helps i doubt it though. it immediately tells me that the account was unable to connect, when normally it will wait to return the unable to connect if its having trouble and then continue to ping the server till it comes back connected. i avoiding the one solution i know to work as per my last post, but dont want to sacrifice not having aim, this is just horrific to the point of me being scared everytime i connect to aim that ill have to re-merge my contact list. enough ranting. ill try the onexone, and come back.

onexone doesnt work

login.oscar.aol.com

doesnt connect

login.oscar.aol.com:5190

doesnt connect

anyone know of a log i can look at to see whats up? trying 2g/3g/wifi doesnt work.

Last edited by shady; 2010-03-24 at 13:15.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
My AIM stopped connecting completely after giving me similar network errors. Reverting back to .7 version of the plugin fixed it.

Tags
aim, client, facebook, fremantle, fring, googletalk, haze, icq, implementing msn, instant message, instant messaging, jabber, maemo, maemo 5, msn, pidgin, purple, sametime, skype, telepathy, y!m, yahoo