hi from portugal

The Following User Says Thank You to psico For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dallas, TX
Howdy do.. just joined.. and phone is on it's way to my hands.. cannot wait to tear into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to somarf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Panorama City
Hi everyone,

I just picked up my Nokia N900 yesterday morning and I like it. I know I'll love it once I figure out how to do everything that my Blackberry did, and more.

Thank you everyone in advance for the many questions I'll be asking.

The Following User Says Thank You to allan1850 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by sean231 View Post
Greetings from Austin, TX. Got my N900 and have it for a coupla weeks now. Wonderful instrument with (I hate to say this) the worst battery ever.
Good to see another Texas resident! I'm located near Dallas and will soon be starting some Maemo community outreach activities in Texas... so follow my threads in the Community section here, and sign up when something is posted! Also note that the Dialcentral developer, epage, is in Austin.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Phoenix, Cochin, Bad Durkheim
Hello Maemo world !!!
I have been reading this forum for sometime now. Got my N900 a couple of weeks back and love it. :-)

Love the Nokia N900 . Love apt-get on my phone too :-D

The Following User Says Thank You to amarjyoti For This Useful Post:
Hello I just got a N900 yesterday and registered today.

Let me say that I am in love with the N900. Up to this moment I keep getting surprised how stable the device is, no crashes.

GPS locks indoors, in a large city, INSTANTLY

My email downloaded two email accounts that each have at least 2000 messages in no time, unlike all my older phones which would crash instantly as soon as i go near the email app.

Web browser is decent and by far the best I have used on a phone (BTW I came from a BB Bold2 9700 which have the worst browsing experience ever).

Media application is eye catching albeit the music player being rather simple, but hey...this is Maemo it is made for people to build stuff for it, so hopefully we could see some developers creating alternative music players. And to give it credit, this is the first Nokia I had that showed album art automatically.

All in all I am very happy, the only thing I miss from my blackberry is the instant email and Facebook notifications.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dorisall For This Useful Post:
Little late, but hello from me, too!

Engineering student from Hamburg, Germany, been using Ubuntu right from it's start, really excited about having a linux phone now.
Great Community, great software!

The Following User Says Thank You to bastler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
Hi, from Serbia.

Got my Nokia N900 two days ago. Enjoying discovering it's possibilities from then.

Used Kubuntu for some time, happy I can use linux on a phone too.
Hope, I'll be doing some development on it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Hi from Hungary!

Started back in 1997 using Psions 10 years, S5, 5mx, Siena, 3mx, S7, and Revo, and Palm for ~5 years, Tungsten T, Treo 680 (still using).

I am still wondering, how was it possible, that the Psion S5 had a wonderful touch type keyboard in 1997, I used to write e-mails on the go, which I have sent by dialing in with my line modem. The Agenda and Contacts applications were superior in features, usability, etc. to anything I see on Palm/iPhone/Symbian/Google/Maemo.

I think the next one will be Maemo and the N900, it looks like a wonderful device. :-)

[edit: I had inserted the links and comment]

Last edited by Hakapes; 2009-12-31 at 15:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hakapes For This Useful Post:
hello from Argentina! Got my phone on December

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkiaia For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org