Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
lets say nokia gets economic problems in the future ms might have buy nokia if they still want to fight on the mobile market...

...so never say never. They might be forced to do it.
I don't think the main reason for Microsoft is to make WP growing when they have targeted Nokia. They know very well that they can't compete before apollo. I don't think that there are that many developers working with window phone. They focus on Apollo and they know that mobile phones and computers are merging.

Microsoft has its focus on Windows and having that you need to destroy competitors.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
$5.10 US, down from $8.63 a year ago or so.

"Looking good, Billy Ray!" "Feeling good, Louis!"

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Let's not talk about Nokia Stock... they are on their way to bankruptcy.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Let's see, my game plan is always betting on the underdog. Worked very well so far

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
Originally Posted by gosh View Post
Microsoft will not buy Nokia or parts of Nokia. If they do it is going to kill the market for windows phone. No other phone maker will create wp phones if Microsoft starts to compete creating phones.

What Microsoft was interested in is already completed with the Nokia transaction to WP. Nokias fokus on the developer platform QT is removed, this was a dangerous competitor to Microsoft Windows. And Nokia is killing the megamarket for Symbian phones.
exactly, as it is, they've bought nokia without buying nokia, no need to spend extra money

this topic is really cool but in the end we all known that Elop is just a spy from microshit with the mission to lower at maximum or even bankrupt nokia so microshit can buy it.

glad I sold all my nokia stocks in the same day they announced to adopt windowcrap os.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Great, when all selling I'm buying. Sometimes it hurts, but sometimes you get a dollar or two

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
So where do you get a better return on your money? Buy a 64GB N9 for about $700 and sell it in two years or buy $700 of Nokia stock and sell it in two years?

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
So where do you get a better return on your money? Buy a 64GB N9 for about $700 and sell it in two years or buy $700 of Nokia stock and sell it in two years?
are you seriously thinking you would get any return out of those investments? O_o
Is that sarcasm or pure stupidity?
But answering your question, according to moore's law in 2 years your N9 will cost about $200. According to the current nokia strategy the $700 in stocks in 2 years from now will worth between $0 and $0.1

Apple was a pretty good investent when they had problems back in time Ericsson shares was also worth almost nothing back in time...But the bounced back and so will nokia. They jsut have to fire enough poeple from time to time.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen