Active Topics

One reboot later sensorfwd is alive. In Messwerk all except rotation-Z
are moving. So, same as it was in 2.0.0.10.

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Problem with your procedure is the MD5 doesn't give the ROM version where it comes from. It would be great if you could fill in the Google Sheets with your results, and that would be even interesting as you're still in 2.0.0.10.

The archive given in my dropbox link provides you with all available sensor drivers plus some simple scripts to install and restore the drivers.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
@ romu: thanks for your zip file

I think there are more files involved in our problem:

build.prop in /system has sensor settings

there is a libsensor1.so, libsensor_reg.so and libsensor_user_cal.so in /system/vendor/lib

there is libsensorservice.so in /system/lib

for the google sheet; it would be good to have the version of cm on wich we installed sailfish on
in my case it is a bit confusion: i see KTU84Q and KTU84P in the build.prop file and also ro.cm.version=11-20141008-SNAPSHOT-M11-hammerhead

The Following User Says Thank You to frullewulle For This Useful Post:
Same to me, KTU84P/Q, but if you try to "ls -al" those 2 folders, you'll see the sensors files have the exact same size, so I would bet they're the same.

Ok, let's downloads the packages again to isolate those additionnal files, let me few hours to do so.

I've added the CM version column to the Google Sheet.

Originally Posted by romu View Post
Same to me, KTU84P/Q, but if you try to "ls -al" those 2 folders, you'll see the sensors files have the exact same size, so I would bet they're the same.

Ok, let's downloads the packages again to isolate those additionnal files, let me few hours to do so.

I've added the CM version column to the Google Sheet.
I do notice a difference in cpu usage between 2 sensors.msm8974.so files with the same file size: what makes it even more difficult to retrieve which versions works well and which one not...

Done, the ZIP has been updated with the additionnal files. The installation/restoration have been updated as well. Time to run our testing!

Plain and simple : unable to start the sensorfwd service if the driver are newer than my underlying CM11 (KitKat).

Last edited by romu; 2016-03-04 at 16:07.

well those binaries were built for newer versions of android.

Yes, I know, tested just in case.

I guess if an aosp6 rebase is successful maybe the situation improves. Only reason I attempted an aosp6 rebase is because I want better bluetooth. At the moment though things aren't going so well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post: