Posts: 52 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by davetech View Post
Uh, reading the ebay auction for the D2 shows that it uses hidden magnets. Looked like it could've been my next case otherwise. Are there any holsters that don't use magnets?

Has anyone used this case? If the tabs don't break, the fit is good, and it doesn't scratch the display trim, it might be a decent option.

I have the D2 case but with the push through enclosure. I actually really like it. Looks classy and stays shut well. They are great cases. Really high quality. They come in a gift box inside a felt bag. I use that bag to sit the N900 on when it is just on my desk. (Yep I am fussy so do everything I can to keep it scratch free). The only thing with this case and any horizontal one I imagine is you remove the N900 on an angle rather than pull it straight out as it can flick the unlock slider as it is a snug fit. That is really nit picking though. I could not be happier with it and I avoided the magnet issue with this closure. I customised it with red inner and my initials and this closure. First class guy to deal with also.

I have a clear protector on my N900 to protect the screen. Love that also. Really easy to put on (don't let the water method scare you).

Hope this helps.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asterixnz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Funchal, Portugal
what's the best pouch to buy for the n900? any tip?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Read about last 20 pages of this thread.
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Accessories

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Funchal, Portugal
That's what I did. But I'm still confused.

And by the way, where can I shop online golla pouches?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by viegas View Post
That's what I did. But I'm still confused.

And by the way, where can I shop online golla pouches?
Go gollas webpage -> retailers -> select country and it lists electronic shops as well.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ New Zealand
I have a golla too. It was to use before I got my Easecase. Have to admit it was really good. I don't think it offers as much protection as the leather easecase if the N900 was dropped though.

I have a clear protector on my N900 to protect the screen. Love that also. Really easy to put on (don't let the water method scare you).

Yea I also have the clear protector, it was nice and clear until i try on the PDAIR leather case. my back invisible shied was ruined because of that case.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
Anyone noticed PDair just released Aluminium case for n900 that comes in silver and black?
http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...ducts_id=27477

Last edited by hwong_pz; 2010-01-25 at 05:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hwong_pz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by davetech View Post
Uh, reading the ebay auction for the D2 shows that it uses hidden magnets. Looked like it could've been my next case otherwise.
The default one does, yes, but you can customise it as you like - there's three or four different closing mechanisms you can choose from.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector