quality takes time

100 % quality risked the total project - better strategy - looks Google Android step for step quality

because the market and the money is already distributed in 2009 (Apple, RIM, SAMSUNG, GOOGLE)

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I still want a tablet like Frank is showing. I want something to use in and around my house that has at least a 12" touchscreen and wifi. Oh, the fun I could have...
lenovo x41
12" tabletpc
i have one and I dont use it half as much as I thought I would.
finger touch is desired (its got a wacom digitizer), and it feels too big for common stuff.

kids use it more than me.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Frank, how about some perspective: post the profits of others, like, maybe Motorola.

Seriously, you are aware of the economic crisis... right?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
lenovo x41
12" tabletpc
finger touch is desired (its got a wacom digitizer), and it feels too big for common stuff.

Really I just want something like that but is more of a peripheral. Let the host machine do the work-- I just want the portability!

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by frank.wagner View Post
Business and Transactions are made today - not tomorrow
If you're bankrupt tomorrow I honestly won't care if you did business today.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
lenovo x41
12" tabletpc

Netbook with LCD trackpad.

Nokia, it will really slow time for the N900 ???, otherwise it deserves no money - time is money in the market (tougher economic situation) - everything else no longer counts

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/news...med-june.phtml

The netbook is about to get a graphics boost as early as June Pocket-lint has learnt, with a number of companies preparing to announce Nvidia ION powered models.

Although reluctant to tell us which companies will be announcing new models, an our man on the inside at Nvidia has confirmed that there will be some big announcements from "key" players at Computex, the annual PC trade show in Taipei at the beginning of June.

"You will see some announcements at the show with ship dates as early as July", our man at Nvidia told Pocket-lint.

The comments come as the first nettop PC from Acer, the AspireRevo gears up for a UK launch on the 5 May.

The computer uses an Intel Atom chip as standard netbooks, however uses the new graphics chip from Nvidia called ION to allow users to use more demanding applications than they have in the past. Users will be able to view 1080p content and play games such as Spore and Portal. PC users will also be able to use Google Earth and applications like Cooliris, something virtually impossible with current netbooks.

Prices for the new nettop model will start at £149.99 with Linux installed and £249 for a Windows Vista version.
http://androidguys.com/?p=4656

$100 Android Netbooks Coming?

Skytone, a company predominantly known for low-cost children’s laptops might be among the first to release and Android netbook. Called the Alpha 680, it will offer a 7″ LCD screen, 800 x 480 WVGA with a touch pad. It is promised to be available in white, black, yellow pink and red, ranging in price from $100-$200.

Other specs include a 533 MHz ARM processor, 128MB RAM, expandable to 256MB. Internal storage is relatively low 1GB solid state hard drive, which can expand up to 4GB. The Alpha 680 comes equipped with Wi-Fi or USB dongles for hooking up to cellular networks. Also included are microphone input, stereo out, and an optional built-in video camera.

The specs aren’t much different from some of today’s smart phones. Except for the flash drive expansion, it’s virtually a G1 with a pair of USB ports. However, even a stripped down netbook like this could function as a decent mobile internet device. Email, web, and social networking on the go would be easier with larger screens. If the price is right, this type of device could sell well.
http://www.liliputing.com/2009/04/re...mini-1000.html

Refurb Deals of the Day: $170 Eee PC 900A, $270 HP Mini 1000

Buy.com has two excellent netbook deals today for anyone who’s not afraid of picking up a refurbished laptop. You can grab an Asus Eee PC 900A for $170, or an HP Mini 1000 for $270.

The Asus netbook has a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 CPU, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of flash storage (and no hard drive), an 8.9 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display, and runs Xandros Linux.

The HP Mini 1000 has a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 CPU, 1GB of RAM, a 60GB hard drive, and runs Windows XP Home. This model has a 10.2 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display, which means it was built before HP switched to 10.1 inch, 1024 x 576 displays and 80G hard drives.

Since these are refurbished computers, Buy.com offers a limited warranty that’s good for just 90 days. So buyers beware. But the prices are hard to beat.

Last edited by frank.wagner; 2009-04-25 at 15:38.

I think what Frank is trying to tell us is that he doesnt understand or approve of Nokia's marketing strategy. Well I agree, but I have heard that Nokia is famous for being very conservative with its business decisions. So this is nothing new, take it or leave it,this is Nokia. Or you can buy some voting stock of Nokia...

I have understood the Nokia Policy

Nokia had a technological advantage - at least 12 months (to start the N800)

Now, the new prices go between 100 to 250 € for Netbooks (smartphnones) in Q3 - Q4 2009

And the competitors (Google, Apple, Samsung, etc.) are at eye level with Nokia in your technology competence - if not even more

And the worst case is -

When Nokia earns no money with the N900 - Then they let the project fall (faster than some people in the maemo Community think - because first priority at Nokia has Symbian)

and that would be very very sad - for the Maemo Linux Project

that is the reason - why I am so angry (grumble)

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by frank.wagner View Post
When Nokia earns no money with the N900 - Then they let the project fall (faster than some people in the maemo Community think - because first priority at Nokia has Symbian)

and that would be very very sad - for the Maemo Linux Project

that is the reason - why I am so angry (grumble)
Why you're so angry? you have Nokia stocks in your portfolio?
If Nokia fails you're going to buy another device - maybe the Pandora and help those mad fellows? Maybe another? Maybe stick to your present internet tablet, either 770, 800 or 810, which does almost anything?

Tags
blurry photos, fud, funny farm, haiku, hibernation, not the droids, picnic baskets, straightjacket, trollosaurus rex, what competition?