Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Is he at least going to find a new home for his mother? I guess he has to sell her to Elop himself to get rid of imei registration?
Once again lost in translation SOH as far as I can tell...
But I suspect you're simply trying to lighten the tone... so nice try sir

Just to wade in here again.

I want the N950 so bad because IMO it is the nicest looking QWERTY device on the market. QWERTY to me is vital.

I run a Moto Droid 3 from the USA here in England and it is bloody brilliant - 5 row QWERTY, great battery, massively quick, Flash Video (flawless with Dual Core - I stream cricket and football very often over 3G whilst my parents use Sky), great app support. Etc. Etc. It has honestly replaced my laptop for anything other than gaming and University essays.

I would give this up though to own an N950, for me it is an object of desire, looks fantastic - and even though Id be more limited feature-wise than if I kept my Droid 3 I still want the Nokia.

I love the company, and I love the hardware. I hate the god awful decision to abandon (from an outsiders view) one of the best looking/operating OS' I've seen. Nokia chose the exact wrong moment to drop what they were doing and get into bed with Ballmer and WP7.

I feel certain that if the N950 made it to production it would sell well just by virtue of its looks.

I can type ridiculously quickly on my Droid 3 (used to write this) and it does everything I need but if anybody is able to help me get an N950, then please do email me at slvrarrow@gmail.com

I'm UK based and can travel to do the transaction. I would love to be able to be part of the Nokia community, it looks very strong.

All the best,

Sean

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
IT's my understanding that the N950's were given to developers only, but the thing is Nokia still own the devices so it's not up to the developer to sell the device, I could be wrong but like I said, that's my understanding.
And frankly, why would a developer want to compromise their relationship with such a big company for a relatively small profit, obviously they've done well to be offered the device by Nokia in the first place, why throw that away.
You're wasting your time lusting over an N950.
I still miss my hw keyboard.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
While the idea of having a hardware keyboard is nice, this hardware keyboard is so awkward, you would use the onscreen keyboard most of the time as it's more comfortable to write with it.
So in the end you'd have a device with a hardware keyboard you don't use, but the keyboard adds to the device's weight and thickness.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
What does your mother look like?

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post: