Notices

Cheers for the tip vegas27, hadn't thought of that one!
Truth be told I don't have the FM widget but you can bet I'll have it on there now haha.

Okay well Peter, playlist support is just about all that's left, it would seem

All right. You got it Playlist support is next. Does anyone want to weigh in on the volume issue and whether or not having a volume control within the gui in addition to the volume buttons on the actual phone is a good thing? It's come up several times, I'm just not sure I understand it

The Following User Says Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
I'd vote against adding extra volume slider to the GUI.... it's not needed, I would rather save the space to have bigger fonts!

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Just got the app form Ovi Store and its one of the best lookin Music Players yet..

Things I Like

1) LARGE Album ART
2) Great placement of Navigation buttons and the navigation pane on the Top
3) Portrait mode

Things I would like to see in near future versions
1) Playlists (which u mentioned is being worked on)
2) Maybe Desktop Widget? or better.. lock screen navigation buttons/song name display..
3) Using MAFW.. cos the present backend causes the playback to stutter when device is locked/unlocked with the power button
4) Stop Music Playback when Headset is disconnected
5) Search music.. An interface similar to the contacts one in portrait mode will suffice.. ie.. Have small buttons with " ABC, DEF, GHI, etc on the right pane.. Will make navigating a lot easier..

Things for later later in the future..
1) Support for Music Headset adapters such as Nokia WH-701 or Bluetooth Headsets like BH 214/BH 503
2) Landscape mode
3) Cover flow UI.. :P

As for volume slider.. i think its not a must but can be added..

The Following User Says Thank You to rnb89 For This Useful Post:
I have the Ovi store version which is 0.2.41
default cpu clock, PR1.2
Checked cpu and it's good. does not notice lags except when I have a lot of web windows open(normal lag)
My wishlist:
-Playlist support including recently added, played
-Options for landscape only, portrait only and auto rotation (portrait only mode is nice fo me..very much useable if I'm on music only acivities or just plain lying around with the phone going through all sorts of orientation)
-have no issues about not having an onscreen volume slider, I'd suggest something like a slider at the right side of the album art which appeas when you touch the screen at the album art's right side and disappears a few secs after emoving the fingers..
-support for volume adjustment throught the hardware volume keys even when screen is locked (this is very convenient in the current firmware for MAFW)
-Search function >> some have suggested ABC, DEF... etc on the right side or wherever to facilitate faster search, I'm with them on that one.
-about the headset daemon, maybe we could ask the creator of that to include support for instinctiv?
-shuffle and repeat all functions
-equalizer.............. n900 users really miss this, I know there are some who have been using the MAFW equalizer (go search for it) I have it but it does not seem to work for me.
-fm transmiiter has a workaround at this point, just enabling it in the settings but it would be more convenient if we can turn it on n the app itself .
-last (for the meantime) is, could you please look into stereo widening and loudness options like the one in the symbian S60 music player? Not a priority though but I really loved it and definitely miss it that's why i find myself coming back to the n82 just for that.

Thanks for the great app! Will pm you my details and hope I can help too.

Last edited by step11angelo; 2010-07-06 at 06:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to step11angelo For This Useful Post:
I don't want to pick on users of other platforms but n900 users rule! So if anyone is feeling brave, we could really use some help working out some of the crashers we're seeing. We've put up a build which should make it easier to diagnose bugs plus a few tweaks (for instance, cover art should appear in lists now) ~ PB

Here's the deb: http://instinctiv.com/a.deb

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
That was fast

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden

Cover art is looking good, nice touch with number of songs to the right.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
looks really good. Now I'm waiting for the Playlist support, if that is done instinctiv will be my default player

Hey, shuffle works fine.....nice.=)