Active Topics

Poll: What is the best time for you ?
Poll Options
What is the best time for you ?

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Uh... I didn't once say "don't test properly", so please, don't put words into my mouth. I'm talking about voting on the apps you're already using anyway, not clicking thumbs up just because they install cleanly.
I get what you mean now, but the few seconds to vote as you put it imply hours of testing which I just haven't had the time to do for anything in extras (apart from the essential openssh, and I did post a comment on that) because I was working on things I consider more urgent instead.

Just explaining (as one of the 300 beneficiaries of the loaner program) my position in response to the "not interested in helping at all" comment which kinda rubbed me the wrong way. No hard feelings :-)

If my phone ships before the testing marathon I would be happy to help. I have been using and developing (C, ASM, PHP) Linux apps since 99.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce For This Useful Post:
Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Up!

The Extras-testing marathon will be the Saturday according to the poll.
Is it OK for the people? Some objection?

We should agree on the time (difficult I know) if the plan is to meet in an IRC channel. And should encourage the participation of the maximum number of testers (publicize it in different lists, etc.)

The QA checklist is more or less good now, it would be nice to have it finished (or the most finished possible for the testing day), so if you have some doubt or you want contribute something new is the right moment to do it in its related thread.

Developers be preparing your applications and promoting it to Extras-testing!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
Up!

The Extras-testing marathon will be the Saturday according to the poll.
Is it OK for the people? Some objection?

We should agree on the time (difficult I know) if the plan is to meet in an IRC channel. And should encourage the participation of the maximum number of testers (publicize it in different lists, etc.)
I'll blog about that soon. Saturday seems a good day, but I'm also not sure about a good time. We can probably make the marathon last for 4 or 5 hours in order to please the majority of the testers .

Why has almost none of the 300 testers posted anything in public in form of youtube videos or blog entries or something? am i blind? im waiting since august for this device and will start to post about everything inside this device and see whats in repositories and will test and post it...

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
? Do you follow planet maemo ? It's full of N900 news and posts, mostly by Nokia folks or Summit attendees.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
I wonder if maybe a call to developers with packages in extras_devel should also be issued. Just so that they promote their latest versions to testing and not miss this unique window of opportunity to gain thumbs up for extras. Not everybody follows t.m.o. or devlists actively...

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I won't be around this weekend as I'm completing a major move. Might still be able to find me on my N900 from wherever I'm at though... so if anything I've worked on gets enough to be promoted, contact me however and I'll make it happen.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
There is a thread about the QA guidelines on maemo-developers and suggested changes. I recommend that developers and tester put their 2p in:

http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...er/021797.html

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
What about 2pm - 7pm (UTC) ?

Better suggestions ?