Btw same goes for Mohammad.
man diff
And check the directory where the deb lives, sources are already there

Can we get horizontal scrolling instead of vertical? Just like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqmvxHGVPEg

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
man diff
And check the directory where the deb lives, sources are already there
diff is for comparing two files. Do you have two folders or you compare to specific git revision using git-diff ?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Just clean the source from binaries (dpkg-buildpackage -sn -S should do) then cd .. diff -u -r originalfolder newfolder

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2010-10-12 at 20:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Just clean the source from binaries (dpkg-buildpackage -sn -S should do) then cd .. diff -u -r originalfolder newfolder
mohammad could you add ur custom hildon-desktop and all fixxes with the 2 column hildon desktop with centre fix of aligatro on page 4 ??

You know what's better than one patch? A whole bunch of them merged together
Faster scrolling + all previous fixes + Matan's patches + thp's patches:
Two-column: http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...+0m5_armel.deb
Single-column: http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...+0m5_armel.deb

Read about MHD here: http://my.arava.co.il/~matan/repo/Mo...n_Desktop.html

I'll look into gconf later on
Great work and Im lovin the tweaks.

Has anyone got the task switch to loop the windows over and over. I think it would be cool for it to loop so its more fluid without having to scroll back up if you missed what you're looking for. Just a suggestion.

The Following User Says Thank You to myeyegooogles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by MaddogG View Post
See here.

I tried it and it worked! Now, I have matan's Modified Hildon Desktop + faster kinetic scrolling in app menu ( + single-column task switcher ).

Now the problem is: is there a way to have system-wide faster scrolling (not only in the menu)?

Ive got the above also, which rules.

Only thing is, when you are in "multi-task view" when you close one thumb it really slowly scrolls the other one into view....

Have messed with transitions.ini, but cannot speed it up. Ive sped it up half of the time, but it depends if you close the top or bottom thumb first..

Help?!

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Yup, it is simple. Just an if statement with else. How do you create patches? Do you somehow compare it to git or you have two folders to create a comparison. Btw same goes for Mohammad.
There are multiple ways to do it (as you can already see from this post). My favourite method is to "git init" and "git add *" the directory before I make any change (of course this is unnecessary if you are already working in a Git checkout). Hack, hack, hack. After that, check your changes with "git diff" and if you like them, make a commit (don't forget to "git add" any changed and new files). After that's done, you can use "git format-patch" to create patches. Alternatively, if you have not added any new files, you can simply redirect the output of "git diff" to a file and use that as a patch.

The good thing with "git format-patch" is that you simply keep committing small changes on top of each other, and you could even "git rebase" your changes if there is activity in upstream, and still get all your patches spit out at once, in the right order.

Of course, you don't have to use "git", and a unified (-u) recursive (-r) diff of the original source folder and your changed source folder works just as well for one-off patches, but it gets more comfortable as the number of patches grows (and as a side effect, you can publish your private branch as normal Git repository somewhere online for others to pull/follow - in that case it would be useful to base your changes on the original upstream VCS history instead of using "git init" on a release tarball).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Russia
Nice work guys!Thx!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Tags
hildon-desktop