Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
IMHO....

Lumia better burn in hell.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Oregon
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Hahaha Joe Zombie. Love it. I indeed agree that many consumers in America care more about having the trendy products. I bought my N9 for the balance of not being too flashy, but having lots of unlocked potential and just being great at what a phone is supposed to do. It makes crystal clear calls and I haven't dropped a single one yet in the 3 months I've owned it. It also gets amazing reception with data coverage too. I love having a phone in the states no one even knows about. I love the confusion on peoples faces when I tell them the make and model, " that phone isn't on the commercials and in stores"
I too have an unlocked N9 in the States. I get similar curiosity from friends and coworkers about the phone. I can go one further than justadude by recounting my experience when I went into the AT&T store to get a micro-SIM card for my N9. The techs in the AT&T store were all "gaga" over the N9. One even showed it to another customer in the store to tell him how good a phone it is! lol BTW, the phone works great on AT&T's network. Now that the L900 has been confirmed, I will have to go back to the AT&T store and ask the techs what they think about it and compare with the N9. Cheers! Steve

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saklotz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Oregon
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
The only truly notable advantage it has, is the sub-pixel config. I'm livid about that.
All N9 owners/supporters should be protesting on a massive scale right about now.
In addition to the N9 I also own the iPhone4S and can confirm that its screen is the sharpest I have seen on a phone. However, in a side by side comparison while browsing or reading a PDF the N9's sharpness is almost as good. In other words, I don't think the discussion about the specs and technology used on the screens is as important as the results you get in actual use. I decided to own both phones and will from time to time post my observations and opinions on this forum.

Cheers!

Steve

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saklotz For This Useful Post:
The only truly notable advantage it has, is the sub-pixel config. I'm livid about that.
All N9 owners/supporters should be protesting on a massive scale right about now.
Are you sure you can tell the difference side by side in normal use? I tried with a Galaxy S2 (RGB) and Galaxy S Plus (pentile) and I couldn't.

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
It's America, people (mostly) will buy what the media tells them to and what their friends tell them is cool. The word "Nokia" isn't in people's List of Cool Brands anymore. Good luck guys.
Cheap brand for oldies meets hated monopolist in the U.S. Let's see how far they can go.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Anybody wanna challenge this guy in CES: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_p...dowsphone.aspx

Win $100 If Your Phone Is Faster than a Windows Phone

Overclocked N900???
They only won 88% during CES. All talk. They probably had mostly iPhone 3 challengers

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
They only won 88% during CES. All talk. They probably had mostly iPhone 3 challengers
The clever part of his challenge is he and only he would know which competition to do for the competitor and hence he would already have lot better planning on how to perform the task == lot more change of winning even if windows phone was slower.

I just tried sharing one of the photo in facebook using share plugin I had and seems like it isn't working! Maybe I have changed the facebook password since I last used the plugin or most probably the plugin is broken by now. I would have surely lost the 'who can post photo in facebook fast?' if I was a competitor.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by saklotz View Post
I too have an unlocked N9 in the States. I get similar curiosity from friends and coworkers about the phone. I can go one further than justadude by recounting my experience when I went into the AT&T store to get a micro-SIM card for my N9. The techs in the AT&T store were all "gaga" over the N9. One even showed it to another customer in the store to tell him how good a phone it is! lol BTW, the phone works great on AT&T's network. Now that the L900 has been confirmed, I will have to go back to the AT&T store and ask the techs what they think about it and compare with the N9. Cheers! Steve
HA! I have the exact same story, but in a T-Mobile store! The T-Mo Dude was all like, "Oooh! The Lumia!" and I went, "Actually...it's the Nokia N9." And he goes, "Woah, really? Hey Mario! [his colleague] check it out..... MeeGo!" And holds up the N9 to show his co-worker on the other side of the store. We had a good time, he cut my old T-Mo sim for me and we booted the N9 up and he was GAGA over the swiping and the smoothness. He kinda whispered the Lumia 900 was going to at&t, so he must've had some inkling as this was about 2 weeks ago. But he said he really liked it, and the customer waiting next to me (Android fan) was impressed too. He said he had no idea Nokia could make something so cool, the last time he saw a Nokia it was when Snake first came out!
I left that store feeling positive and knowing that in my pocket, was a rare species. New York City might be an ocean of aging, dull iPhones, but I got myself a beautiful sleek blue shark, seldom seen in these parts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Guys read the thread please. There could't be RGB in N9. It doesn't fit.
Who was saying that? I wasn't.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Are you sure you can tell the difference side by side in normal use? I tried with a Galaxy S2 (RGB) and Galaxy S Plus (pentile) and I couldn't.
Definitely, it's not huge for all usage types, but it's there...
We should be making a ****-load of noise for a revised N9 w/the same res, but improved sub-pixel config.
After all, in 6mth we'll most likely be paying way more for N9's than the L800, or even the 900.*
And the N9's their marquee phone alongside the 900, it deserves the same respect, we do too.
We're not Elop's laboratory rats to do with as he pleases...

*Assuming it becomes available outside AT&T.
Even if it doesn't, thanks to being carrier locked it'll be way less (face value) than the N9.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-13 at 09:36.

Definitely, it's not huge for all usage types, but it's there...
We should be making a ****-load of noise for a revised N9 w/the same res, but improved sub-pixel config.
After all, in 6mth we'll most likely be paying way more for N9's than the L800, or even the 900.*
And the N9's their marquee phone alongside the 900, it deserves the same respect, we do too.
We're not Elop's laboratory rats to do with as he pleases...
But Elop is sh1t-scared of the N9 eating Lumia for lunch so an improved N9 model with RGB S-Amoled will be low on Nokia's priority.

Better hope that Lumia flops and Elop gets booted out.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post: