You do understand that those devices are under 220e? Try find iphone, Android or WM7 device for that price and we can talk again

There's a reason why Nokia got N and E series. N8 is still going to be announced this April.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turin, Italy
These devies follow Nokia's strategy to push advanced features to lower prices phones. Actually, there have excellent specs for their prices. Comparisons with high-end phones are of course useless.

i dont get it, so we get a refresh of the E63, E72, and N97 mini in 3rd quarter with S60 and S40?

WTF? wont S^3 be out by then?

unless these will be $100-$200US unsubsidized i dont see the point

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
To be fair these phones are aimed at the kind of people who bought the "music Xpress" phones.

My partner has a 5800(?) and she would probably upgrade to something like this.

The problem is Nokia could take a slice of the "premium" devices (£400 upwards) and benefitted from greater profit margins.

Nokia are relegating themselves to the "budget"-end of the market and are benefitting from volume sales.

While everyone else are innovating, pushing people into premium devices and services Nokia are investing in the lowest common denominator.

I can't see how Nokia can profit from an application store when people are buying mid-low end devices.

a "dumbphone" with ovi maps? that sounds like a winner to me. i would have wanted this in high school

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Can't believe I stayed awake for this.

ok, i get it, $180 eur ($244) for a E5 means these will be under $200 pretty quick, and that makes me happy i never bought an E72 for $400. E71 was by far the best 'phone' ive ever had, except for its sucky camera. this is cool, though i was hoping for S^3.

funny that their consumer level phones beat the hell out of apples flagship for features

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turin, Italy
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Nokia are relegating themselves to the "budget"-end of the market and are benefitting from volume sales.

While everyone else are innovating, pushing people into premium devices and services Nokia are investing in the lowest common denominator.

I can't see how Nokia can profit from an application store when people are buying mid-low end devices.
This is not true. They are at the same time developing high-end solutions, for instance those MeeGo based.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
i dont get it, so we get a refresh of the E63, E72, and N97 mini in 3rd quarter with S60 and S40?

WTF? wont S^3 be out by then?

unless these will be $100-$200US unsubsidized i dont see the point
the cheapest will be $90 pre taxes pre subsidiaries says engadget.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by elris View Post
This is not true. They are at the same time developing high-end solutions, for instance those MeeGo based.
Yeah, Nokia inspire me with confidence because of the great job they did with the n900, OVI store and the general lack of communcation with the community.

How many commercial apps are available for the n900?
Sygic Maps and a commercial game?

Tags
announcement, connect, countdown, event, everyone connect, if u don't like your n900, just sell it, nokia