Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Okay, the last update my take longer until it gets released... here is a news from the nokia support page:

Dear Publishers,

As part of Nokia’s focus on providing the best possible developer experience, we are currently making some upgrades to our MeeGo platform publishing process. While we do this, publishing times will take longer than usual, meaning a delay of up to two weeks on app submissions going live in Nokia Store. Once our upgrade is completed, the publication process will return to normal.
Source: Nokia publish

So, stay patient as I do and enjoy the current release.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Czech Republic
Finally new version has become available in Ovi store...I tested it (Enigma 1)....login screen works great, now I can use http authentication and set some password back to dreambox. :-)

If switch for OSD screenshot only mode will be available, as you decribed before, it would be perfect ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to sanmob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sanmob View Post
Finally new version has become available in Ovi store...I tested it (Enigma 1)....login screen works great, now I can use http authentication and set some password back to dreambox. :-)
Great!

I want to look later this year into the https authentication. Perhaps we could get this also working.

If switch for OSD screenshot only mode will be available, as you decribed before, it would be perfect ;-)
Shame on me. No progess so far on this point, but I will do it for sure.

I tried in the meantime to load the remotes dynamically instead of statically like proposed by marxian. But I have a problem to call the needed function to load the remotes within the already dynamically created list of remotes.
I have so far no solution for this and was a little bit confused and frustrated by my own code so I continued while DreamRemote was in the QA pipeline in the meantime a different project.

The benefit of dynamically loaded remotes would be a faster startup, more fluent animations and I would be able to finally finish the mixed fullscreen screenshot / remote control mode.
Currently all possible remotes are loaded and only hidden if not needed. This slows the whole thing down and feels very ugly.

So far my status update.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by helex View Post
I tried in the meantime to load the remotes dynamically instead of statically like proposed by marxian. But I have a problem to call the needed function to load the remotes within the already dynamically created list of remotes.
I have so far no solution for this and was a little bit confused and frustrated by my own code so I continued while DreamRemote was in the QA pipeline in the meantime a different project.
So, a small status update before I went to bed. I got the dynamically loading of the remotes working. At least for two, the rest is finetuning.

It was in the end very simple. I just call the function to load the remotes with this simple line of code:
Code:
Component.onCompleted: loadRemotes();
Before I wanted to call the function from within my C++ source and access all items in the ListView to control myself if a reload is needed after the settings are changed. But I was unable to get this working for more than a single remote. I had at no point access to all qml items in the remotelist. This only just in case someone wants to create something similar and is also unable to get it working.

Regarding the startup Time this new function had not the anticipated effect. The startup of DreamRemote is now only about 1 second faster. I hoped for more. But the User Interface feels now a lot faster and more fluent. Now I will be able to add more features without fear.

So, stay tuned.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Czech Republic
Today I tested last version and I must say, it works perfectly Screenshot functionality (Enigma 1) works well (only crippled colors, but this is my Dreambox related problem, as discussed earlier) and OSD only mode works well too, colors are OK....
Just for you to have a feedback
Keep up a good work

Just for you to have a feedback
Keep up a good work
Great! Thanks for the feedback.

I would have already posted here at talk.maemo.org but I just wanted to ensure the update already arrived.

The next on my list is the fullscreen screenshot mode and the symbian port. Only a few month's until I will get it ready for a release...

If it only would be possible to get some more positive reviews at the nokia store. It seems for some still to hard to understand how to use it.

No update announcement, but perhaps some users are interested to see DreamRemote has made it to a official Nokia homepage, Nokia Conversations and was mentioned together with my ClipMan Clipboardmanager in the same article.

friggin' unbelievable!

Thanks to all which have supported me during the development. It will get continued, promised!

A quiet thread, only satisfied customers, great!

Nevertheless, I uploaded a new version of DreamRemote today with a new, experimental, overlaying screenshot mode. See attached screenshot.

It should appear at the store as soon as it passed the QA. Stay tuned!
Attached Images

The new update for DreamRemote (Nokia N9 and N950) just hit the store. Get it while it's hot!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
You're propably not my target audience, but I managed finally to port my DreamRemote app to Symbian. Get it from here while it's hot.

Ah, and you're still able to get DreamRemote for your N9 from here.

Tags
dreambox, network, neutrino, remote, remote control