Notices

Well, this can't be bad, but doesn't the n900 already do that, with integrated software?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrGrim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
it integrates a lot of messenger services into one program which may save battery power rather than having multiple messengers open ?

It also gives you the flexibility to use more than one messenger ID hopefully, so you can have the regular Messenger open with one ID and another in Fring.

I haven't yet seen Yahoo Messenger on the N900 yet, something I do use quite a lot.

Any news from Nimbuzz?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
it integrates a lot of messenger services into one program which may save battery power rather than having multiple messengers open ?

I haven't yet seen Yahoo Messenger on the N900 yet, something I do use quite a lot.
On my N900, right now, I can setup IM/VoIP accounts for: Ovi by Nokia, Skype, AIM, Gadu Gadu, Google Talk, GroupWise, ICQ, Jabber, MSN, MSN (Haze), QQ, SIP, Salut, Sametime, and Yahoo. That's with just the built-in Conversations software, plus a few, small, free plug-ins from Extras. I'm not restricted to one active account per service either.

I actually have accounts on most of those services configured and active on my N900 all the time. It just works.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by aikon800 View Post
It would be great if aMSN will come back for maemo 5
People, I may have some good news regarding the aMSN Messenger.

Hi everyone!

It's been over a year since the release of 0.97.2, and "good things come to those who wait": audio conference, video conference, chat while appearing offline, full ink (handwriting) support, MSN games support (only tic-tac-toe for now), a new protocol version, and of course, your favorite bugfixes!

For those of you who happened to discover 0.98 on third-party sites and wonder where it went, this release was tagged and packed but never officially made public. 0.98.1 contains a lot of important fixes so update now!

We are also proud to announce that the Maemo 5 platform (Nokia's N900) is now supported.

Link : http://www.amsn-project.net/download.php

I don't have a Nokia N900 in my possession yet, but could someone test this application out already. And give his/her thoughts about it?

Last edited by MrDigital; 2009-11-15 at 12:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrDigital For This Useful Post:
this is simply awesome! using aMsn on my WinXP since it's way lighter than official Msn, and has all the features I need, and on the Maemo page of the site in the screenshots you can see also the Webcam!

Maemo download here: http://www.amsn-project.net/maemo-downloads.php
(and screenshots!)

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
The icons do seem quite small. I guess you will have to use the stylus with this application.

If someone could test this application and compare it to fring on maemo 5, that would be great!

What about ICQ integration?

Originally Posted by brog View Post
*second that*

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by brog View Post
telepathy-haze is available for this from the Extras repository.

Tags
aim, client, facebook, fremantle, fring, googletalk, haze, icq, implementing msn, instant message, instant messaging, jabber, maemo, maemo 5, msn, pidgin, purple, sametime, skype, telepathy, y!m, yahoo