Notices

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Is there a Christian podcast for the N900? I tried to search in gpodder but couldn't find one.
I think you can add any of the ones from http://www.godcast1000.com/ for example. Or do you mean a podcast about the N900 *and* christianity all rolled into one?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Hey, any chance you could put a >= dependency to the new optified python version so that people who use gpodder will be dragged to optified python. We will have otherwise space issues with people who had started to use the old python.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Hey, any chance you could put a >= dependency to the new optified python version so that people who use gpodder will be dragged to optified python. We will have otherwise space issues with people who had started to use the old python.
I'm pretty sure that this is not a good way to handle things as it's generally a bad idea to make things explicitly depend on things that they don't NEED.

If you want to get your python optified, just do a "sudo gainroot" followed by an "apt-get dist-upgrade". I make no promises this won't break your N900 but it worked for me.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany / Mainz
I just set up a account on gpodder, to sort out the podcasts on the pc and uploaded them onto the website to sync with the n900 gpodder version. but after entering my credentials on the n900 and downloaded my subscriptions, it showed me a list with around 20 new episodes, then get stuck in a dialog where it asks me to upload the subscription to the web when closing (just like the windows version which i used to managed the feeds). But the issue i had with the dialog, i actually couldn't see it until i switched to the taskmanager where it showed up on the thumbnail but i coudn't confirm my choice since it somehow where in the back. no idea if this is a bug or not, i killed the task in the shell and then it came up fine....

just thought i let you know.

and a feature suggestion: an option where new episodes are only be downloaded automaticaly over wlan and not over 3g would be nice, at least for guys with limited data plans...

and sorry for my bad english

ps: i could reproduce it, everytime i download my subscriptions from the website the dialog show up, is there a flag i could set in a config file?

pss: nevermind, i started gpodder in portrait mode and tried to download my streams again, this time the dialogue showed up correctly

Last edited by mason; 2009-12-05 at 00:00.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by mason View Post
I just set up a account on gpodder, to sort out the podcasts on the pc and uploaded them onto the website to sync with the n900 gpodder version. but after entering my credentials on the n900 and downloaded my subscriptions, it showed me a list with around 20 new episodes, then get stuck in a dialog where it asks me to upload the subscription to the web when closing (just like the windows version which i used to managed the feeds). But the issue i had with the dialog, i actually couldn't see it until i switched to the taskmanager where it showed up on the thumbnail but i coudn't confirm my choice since it somehow where in the back. no idea if this is a bug or not, i killed the task in the shell and then it came up fine....
Thanks for your report. This has already been fixed in the development version and will be fixed in the next release:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5268

Originally Posted by mason View Post
and a feature suggestion: an option where new episodes are only be downloaded automaticaly over wlan and not over 3g would be nice, at least for guys with limited data plans...
The forums are not an easy way for developers to track (and queue) feature requests. Please use the bug tracker for filing bugs and feature requests: https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gPodder Thanks!

I've got Panucci out of extras-testing. How do I configure gPodder to use it as the default media player?

Originally Posted by gowen View Post
I've got Panucci out of extras-testing. How do I configure gPodder to use it as the default media player?
Get gPodder 2.0+git20091206-2 from Extras-Devel or wait another week for me to catch up and release version 2.1 (which will then be promoted to Extras-Testing). gPodder 2.0+git20091206-2 contains a setting in the preferences dialog for the audio player, and you can select Panucci there.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Hi All,

I just have a quick question regarding gPodder, I only got my N900 on Wed night, and installed gPodder from the Extras repo (too scared to use Testing/Devel after all the warnings I've reaed on here).

Basically, when I get it to search for new podcasts at regular intervals and download them automatically, does that also happen in the background without me having to open gPodder? So if I reboot my device and don't open gPodder it'll still work?

Also, I take it it works over both WLAN & 3.5G/3G? If it's not already due to be implemented, it'd be nice to have and option to only download when connected to WLAN. Or even perform an unscheduled check when you change from 3G to WLAN. So for example you get home and the N900 connecets to your WLAN, and gPodder "sees" this, then check for new updates and downloads them.

Sorry I went off on a tangent there. Great app btw, very useful. My only "problem" which, isn't with gPodder really, is that when I start listening to a podcast naturally sometimes I have to stop listening part way through and there doesn't seem to be a way to resume from where I left off. Am I being dense, or is there no way to resume listen of music/podcasts?

I've got it installed and it's playing individual podcasts using panucci. However, if I try to "play all downloads" gpodder still launches the media player.
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Get gPodder 2.0+git20091206-2 from Extras-Devel or wait another week for me to catch up and release version 2.1 (which will then be promoted to Extras-Testing). gPodder 2.0+git20091206-2 contains a setting in the preferences dialog for the audio player, and you can select Panucci there.

Originally Posted by gowen View Post
I've got it installed and it's playing individual podcasts using panucci. However, if I try to "play all downloads" gpodder still launches the media player.
Please file this as a bug report then Thanks!

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing