Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post
Capn. Ballmer will save the day with his stash of billions and his buyout plan.

I wonder if that wasn't the plan all along.
sure starting to look like it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by Strawman View Post

Ballmer looks like a basketball coach.

Last edited by aironeous; 2011-06-09 at 20:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
So Nokia keeps shooting itself in the leg; can it survive long enough to release new products?

Very tumultuous time for Nokia, this news does not instill confidence in the company. Nokia needs to get ahead of the news by setting the pace. A product launch, and a more candid status/ progress report on the WP7 lineups is required.

The Following User Says Thank You to MoJo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BertvanDorp View Post
Well, we have to face the fact that Nokia did quite a poor job, developing both Symbian and MeeGo.
Well, I think they did good job developing Symbian. Thing is, symbian was not designed for the purpose mobile phones today are used for - it would be easier to make an os from scratch than stretch symbian to be competitive on this field. The one huge failure was they didn't direct enough resources in developing a next gen platform when the signs were in the air, even though they had the resources to do so.

The Following User Says Thank You to RFS-81 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Nokia - (verb) - the act of climbing arduously to reach a high peak before tragically misstepping and tripping yourself over that peak and falling violently to your death on the other side.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
But it burns quite nicely, unlike blood, if you set your platform on fire.
As part of a required Nokia PR protocol, the previous statement that Richard Green left on medical leave was a complete fabrication. We will stop enhancing the truth in three... two... *zzzt*
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
He left due to personal reasons, illness. But let's be honest, he was never needed in the first place. What Nokia needed was a couple of first class technical officers that could put together and lead teams that would make Symbian and Maemo/MeGo rock. None of this happened (the only one of real CTO caliber left to HP because he couldn't stand MeeGo, a dead fish in the water)

When MS came into the picture, everything else became history.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
(the only one of real CTO caliber left to HP because he couldn't stand MeeGo, a dead fish in the water)
We have no way to know exactly why he left. But he left after Elop came on board, so my suspicion is that the move we saw on Feb. 11th was decided long ago, and not open to discussion.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
i have never seen a platform being nuked from the inside by its own company... but i REALLY do hope that meego does get completed to a consumer quality level, it wud make a sweet phone/tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to mohi2k7 For This Useful Post:
another one bites the dust. will this be the end of Nokia or Meego? i doubt it. life goes on.

Tags
goodbye nokia, green elsewhere, iceberg, rich green