Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
When inserting OH (or pressing the switch), the 3.3V pin is momentarily powered while eeprom at 0x50 is searched through i2c. This happens even if tohd.service is shut down. So the presense switch triggers also something else than tohd.
(btw Does anyone know how to force 3.3V pin powered?)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Netherlands
I lost about 10% in 4 hours of mild usage. Occasional Whatsapp message, and wifi and 3g on. Feels like better than before. Will keep checking.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Joensuu, Finland
25% in five hours, as opposed to 50% previously. Yes, this did have an effect.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
ok, so my jolla is of the charger with deactivated tohd for about 6h now, one online jabber account the whole time, mail sync every 30min. Did some messaging, listened to music, demonstrated the phone to a friend and some browsing. battery is at 81%. Disabling the daemon seems really to help battery drain big time. especially in idle charge holds a lot better than before

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following User Says Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
OK, what the hell.

I just keep getting Failed to issue method call: Invalid argument

Tried rebooting also, no help.

Any advice?
Attached Images

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Thanks for finding this bug. I can confirm that stand-by increased A LOT when I disabled this service. Jolla should disable it by default, at least until they figure out how to make it work properly.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
OK, what the hell.

I just keep getting Failed to issue method call: Invalid argument

Tried rebooting also, no help.

Any advice?
Try without the --runtime flag, or use "stop" if you don't want to get rid of it permanently.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
But if I leave --runtime away, that is going to mean it is permanently disabled?

Don't wanna do that, 'cos gonna forget it and that might be not good

BTW, does there exist a Sailfish graphical frontend for systemctl? If not someone should write one.

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
But if I leave --runtime away, that is going to mean it is permanently disabled?

Don't wanna do that, 'cos gonna forget it and that might be not good
Just use stop then as i said. And it's not a problem to disable it permanently now as you can always enable it later on if you want.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post: