Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'll start one: http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?titl...aWorld_2009_QA

I believe I added all the questions, and any answers I saw. Forgive me if I missed one, I can understand why Tim wanted a Page. Lot of fluff in the thread to go through just to pull out the questions. ;-)

Nathan
Uhhh! I hope I'm not supposed to answer all of those tomorrow? It will be a long day! But, we'll give it a try. Please understand that we won't be able to give out unanounced commercial information such as shipments in which countries.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by patstew View Post
You can't do vga over one wire.
You could do SMPTE 424M for SDI at up to 1080p60 over a single coax cable, but yeah, Nokia isn't going to do that, and it would help almost no one if they did.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brasilia, Brazil
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Uhhh! I hope I'm not supposed to answer all of those tomorrow? It will be a long day! But, we'll give it a try. Please understand that we won't be able to give out unanounced commercial information such as shipments in which countries.
Roger that
Will try to come up with a question u guys can answer then. Just a thought though: you can't answer specific questions (like dates, numbers, etc.), which makes perfect sense, but can you answer more generic questions? Like "are there plans for X" or "if you could guess, what would be the feasibility of X happening in the near future?"?

Thanks in advance for the willingness to feed this eager crowd

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
I thought it was primarily aimed at Tim and I having to answer. We'll split it up: although you can concentrate on getting the converts from other platforms and getting the device into as many people's hands as possible :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto
I added some questions about audio recording and whether the phone works with 3G in Canada (Rogers/Fido).

Java support? Does the browser supports java applets?
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to cachmon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by scaler View Post
Sorry - not registered on the Wiki site and my question there didn't seem to stick.

If USB is the only charging option, where will power come from for extended host-mode sessions (longer than battery life)? Y-cable again? Mini Y-cable is widely available, but not micro. Will Nokia supply a micro Y-cable, or are we back to hardware hacking?
I added this question to the Wiki page for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
My questions:

1. Is a stylus included with the n900?

2. How is the web browser? Do we have to wait for it to load completely before we scroll?

3. How are the speakers in comparision to the current tablets?

4. Can you confirm the absence of DUN? Or more importantly can you tether?

5. Does the video camera zoom while shooting a video?

Ill most more as i remember.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
My questions:

1. Is a stylus included with the n900?

2. How is the web browser? Do we have to wait for it to load completely before we scroll?

3. How are the speakers in comparision to the current tablets?

4. Can you confirm the absence of DUN? Or more importantly can you tether?

5. Does the video camera zoom while shooting a video?

Ill most more as i remember.
Most of these are duplicated on the wiki page; but I'll add the missing ones to: http://wiki.maemo.org/NokiaWorld_2009_QA

Nathan.

Last edited by Nathan; 2009-09-01 at 21:11. Reason: Added link to wiki page for others.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
My questions:
Why would we need to wait for it to load completely before scrolling? We never had to wait before... so... ?