Notices

I think it looks good but not the last screenshot. Looks like ared shadow for the green font on the black background for the blue theme.
Also the green color for fonts on selected blue buttons does not fit from my point of view.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Of course it is up to wazd, but I would really like a clean, flat look with not many different colors.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Last edited by Corwin; 2010-01-20 at 12:21.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Wow, this is one classy theme! Thanks a lot for this - first theme I've seen that makes me want to switch from the built-on Digital Nature theme.

Few remaining bugs I've seen in the latest version from -devel (v. 0.95-1):

- Red-on-black font in text fields (see the address bar in the screenshot below for example) looks harsh and out of place in my opinion. What about a simple white font?

Name:  Screenshot-20100120-181825.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  14.2 KB

- The dark-blue-on-black font used to display the time and window title in the top title bar doesn't look very good on the device. It's a bit hard to read and doesn't fit well with the rest of the theme (see title bar in screenshot above).

What about a simple white font or a light-blue font that would match the color of the top-left task switcher button?

- It's hard to tell whether a button is disabled (greyed out) or enabled. See screenshot below for example.

The "Restore applications" button in the screenshot below appears to be the only enabled button since it's the brightest one. The other two buttons appear to be greyed out (disabled). Yet, it's actually the other way around. "Restore applications" is in fact the only disabled button on this screen and the other two buttons are enabled.

This is particularly problematic when there's only one button displayed on screen (e.g. in progress bars that have a "Stop" or "Cancel" button). I can never tell whether the button is enabled or greyed out as it's not obvious at all and I can never remember which color means what.

This might not be an easy one to fix. I'll let you play with the colors and see what would work better.

Name:  Screenshot-20100120-182626.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  16.8 KB

- In the Settings application, the font colors used to display the applets names made my head go really dizzy. I had to put down the phone and rest for a second or two before I could function again (I was in a dark room with full screen brightness which amplified the effect). I'm not usually sensitive at all to color tricks like this so this must be a very interesting combination you've found here.

This issue seems to be caused by the slight red shadow that can be seen in the screenshot. A plain white font would be better I think.

Name:  Screenshot-20100120-182512.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  23.2 KB

- This one has already been mentioned for a previous version I think but it's still there: there's a glitch in the way the icon in the desktop settings button is drawn. See button in screenshot below.

Name:  Screenshot-20100120-190633.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  21.6 KB

- The drop-shadow used to draw the text in system notification bars (see screenshot below) makes the text very hard to read and doesn't look good at all in my opinion. Would look a lot better without it.
Name:  Screenshot-20100120-183028.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  15.2 KB

Good luck

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Gosh, the weird font colors were just used to debug some of the font issues...

Originally Posted by joppu View Post
Gosh, the weird font colors were just used to debug some of the font issues...
Ah, sorry I didn't get that from reading the conversation (guess I read too fast, not always easy to get up-to-speed when there's already 6 pages of comments). That's fine then.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
@mehdiE
Yeah, joppu already explained latest build trick. It was made to trace what option does what

About that "highlighted gear" bug btw:
There is a slight issue with it. It looks like this cause it takes just part of the black gradient of the top bar, not the whole element (as you can see, status bar has that black gradient in the and it looks alright), that's why the color doesn't fit the centre section. I can fix it by reducing gradient space, but it will make status bar look less cool :P

It's up to you to decide

The Following User Says Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wazd View Post
@mehdiE
I can fix it by reducing gradient space, but it will make status bar look less cool :P

It's up to you to decide
If that only affects this particular button, I wouldn't get too hung up on that. It's not a button that you see often (if at all). I wouldn't compromise on the whole status bar just to make this button look better.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by wazd View Post
@mehdiE
It's up to you to decide
I see. Hard decision... So its either the button fixed or the cool black gradient? Bummer No other way to fix is by having the 'gear' image with the black gradient?

But thinking of it a little more I tend to agree that its not worth changing the really cool look of the taskbar in case there is no other way.

Thanks,
Corwin

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Last edited by Corwin; 2010-01-20 at 22:21.

Could you change the close button to a more "glassy" one? Would fit better to the rest...

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
nevermind.

Tags
fremantle, theme release