Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
Seem to have some problems with search. All searches return results, but only the first one overall will actually go to the video page if you select the item. All the others return a blank page.

For example, I type as my first search term "Mario". It returns a list of videos and I select one and it displays the page. I next type in "Super Mario Galaxy" and it correctly returns a list. But, if I select one of the videos it just gives me a blank screen.

If I close and reopen the application, only that first search term ("Mario" in this case) will work correctly.
I can confirm this bug as well. In my case the search results are listed but i get a blank info screen for all the videos. In addition the youtube user for all videos is shown as 'undefined'.

I dont have a youtube account and thus donot login into youtube via cutetube.

The Following User Says Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
thank you so much for apps works like a charm......

MAN THANK YOU

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
Seem to have some problems with search. All searches return results, but only the first one overall will actually go to the video page if you select the item. All the others return a blank page.

For example, I type as my first search term "Mario". It returns a list of videos and I select one and it displays the page. I next type in "Super Mario Galaxy" and it correctly returns a list. But, if I select one of the videos it just gives me a blank screen.

If I close and reopen the application, only that first search term ("Mario" in this case) will work correctly.
I can reproduce that one. I'll take a look and fix it tomorrow.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Marxian! What happens to the cover flow feature?... and is there any way that the white bold frame around the video thumnail be reduced to a thinner gray frame...It'll look much better IMO. something like image below
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Uuhhh...kmplayer+cutetube-QML and we have N900 true multitasking in full glory. Thank you!

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Confirmed, works like a charm (again) when launching from within info screen...guess it stopped working when I discovered the long-press dialog
Yep. That's it then. I tried long press all the first times, then it worked when I tried from info screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I miss 1 feature from the old cutetube:
when you search for something, and you made a typo, you need to enter the whole text again instead of just picking the old search and change the typo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
k, played some more with this awesome app and have some suggestions:

1) Search and download buttons are a bit small, why not place them at the bottom in line with menu and exit/back or simply somewhat bigger?
2) When starting a search it says "No Videos found" before search indicator appears, somewhat irritating, but no biggy (same applies to "related" in video info screen)
3) While I like usage of media player and its performance I would prefer video playback from within cuteTube windows itself
4) Guess the occasional crashes will be fixed with future versions ;-)

Please keep going with your great work :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It will mostly work fine on the desktop. The only thing that would need to change is the dbus commands for video playback. If I were using QtMobility-Multimedia to play the videos, the code would work without modification.

The only other downside would be that the UI does not resize that well, so it would not look good if used in full-screen on the desktop.
Do you plan to use QtMobility-Multimedia in the future?

I've not seen your new code yet, but it might be possible to detect at run time whether cutetube is running on a mobile platform and go fullscreen if it is. On all non-mobile platforms, just go with a "reasonable" height/width.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
Marxian! What happens to the cover flow feature?... and is there any way that the white bold frame around the video thumnail be reduced to a thinner gray frame...It'll look much better IMO. something like image below
Coverflow performance was not acceptable on the device without OpenGL acceleration, and using OpenGL resulted in a flattening of the items in the view. I guess there is a bug somewhere in QML. I decided to discard the coverflow view for now. I may go back to it at some point.

I like your idea of the slimmer grey frame. I'll experiment tomorrow.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-05 at 21:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube