Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
I keep forgetting to ask you and Tommi Laukkanen... re: Related News.

An idea:

I love this feature and it's so quick to load the links and mini stories, but why can't you have the full website stay loaded in your app with icon overlays or shortcuts back to main page of Stockona or main page of Quote, rather than exit and open in my default browser. I would prefer it to load directly in Stockona that way there is no extra application open.

Is that possible? (perhaps an option in Menu to use default browser or Stockona as browser).
I have studied this... the solution is to instantiate a WebKit view inside the app. It should be easy from the info I gathered, the only thing I am not sure about is how to tune the font size.

I decided, well, since it's not too difficult, I will push it to some time later and work on the local portfolio support first. Seeing that there is indeed such need, I will make WebKit integration the next feature to be added.

A little something is on it's way to you to show my appreciation.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Could you provide more info, e.g. stock symbol, for me to see if it's a bug?
Hi Sony123

there is one stock in the portfolio and that is BHP Australia Symbol which shows me the correct price but says chart is not available.

thanks

Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
Hi Sony123

there is one stock in the portfolio and that is BHP Australia Symbol which shows me the correct price but says chart is not available.

thanks
Cool I get it. It's the conversion function... I didn't map ASX to AX because yahoo doesn't provide ask/bid price info so I thought there's no need to do the mapping. The function is called when request chart from Yahoo but there's no mapping so the query is "BHP.ASX" instead of "BHP.AX." I will fix that in the next release..

Thanks Sony123, love the app.

as requested earlier a full screen chart is possible when in landscape mode. thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to anismistry For This Useful Post:
Thought I would give an update on the development work...

I don't have much progress on local portfolio, as I finally have to dig into C++ side and the interaction between QML and C++ is more complicated. It is not bad, just that I have little experience with Qt so need some try-and-error to figure out how to get it done. I'm getting some progress but don't expect to see a mature local portfolio feature anytime soon.

Meanwhile, I have integrated webview into stockona to support in-app news viewing, as MyNokiaN900 suggested. However, I don't really like how there is little control to webview and how webview doesn't reflow the text properly. I think the integration is ok-ish now, but I will make it a configurable option in when I push the feature into extras-devel. Before that, I plan to publish a test release on Nokia Developer's website to get some feedback. Hopefully this will be done in the next few days.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Hi, I am using stockona and tries to monitor some stock here in HK. However, I tried to show the graph and it is not functioning. Is there any cure for it, thx.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pencil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Hi, I am using stockona and tries to monitor some stock here in HK. However, I tried to show the graph and it is not functioning. Is there any cure for it, thx.
Can you give me an example symbol? I will try to see what went wrong tmr.

hi Sony123 will you be releasing a version with mapping AX with ASX as i had mentioned in the earlier post

One of my stock is HKG:2328

Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
hi Sony123 will you be releasing a version with mapping AX with ASX as i had mentioned in the earlier post
Yes, it will be include in the next release, I hope in the next couple of days.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post: