Gotta run, feel free to propose ideas how to combat twitter lynch mobs, lazy journos, anonymity vs identity... This community used to burst with ideas/discussions (and used to be on top of things), loved that thing about it, if we stagnate into stallmanesque: email is good for browsing web... might need to retire (which will hopefully bring a lot of smiles here, so at least you got that, have fun)

Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
So what's your point again?
If you can send an email to EU body that keeps track on this: please let me know public info who is in GA of this or that eV, then doxing is one email away

night

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Great find, thank you!
Took me two clicks and less than a minute

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
good to know you are not obliged to be listed
Good to know you inform yourself before starting a campaign like this...

Gotta run, feel free to propose ideas how to combat twitter lynch mobs, lazy journos, anonymity vs identity...
You're funny... starting a thread, demanding others should solve the problem you are pointing at.

This community used to burst with ideas/discussions (and used to be on top of things), loved that thing about it, if we stagnate into stallmanesque: email is good for browsing web... might need to retire (which will hopefully bring a lot of smiles here, so at least you got that, have fun)
Look, we're threatened with extinction and every loss is deplorable.
Nobody will laugh about anotherone parting.

But to me, this is a non-issue for maemo society, sorry.
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2015-07-24 at 23:41. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Good to know you inform yourself before starting a campaign like this...
Inform us political master?

You're funny... starting a thread, demanding others should solve the problem you are pointing at.
Again your political senses are tingling it's all good, except it's not, FOIA, you ignore this like with any possible example of TM being used against a non-profit community, give us a freaking example of TM being used in non-commercial case, or just go about being proud of having people fund your ego, ffs!!! Answer bloody FOIA question, not guess!
Look, we're threatened with extinction and very loss is deplorable.
Nobody will laugh about onotherone parting.

But to me, this is a non-issue for maemo society, sorry.
Except your own ego, there is nothing here to be sad about. Mammoths died long ago, evolution is scary, but not for people who actively research and debate topics, this community has run its course it seems. Have fun on IRC (this is the latest medium that the mammoths here accepted it seems, FB/Insta/twitter/... all evil, who cares about what is currently happening, keep viewing webpages through email, nothing stops you, but your smugness makes you out of touch, really tempted to throw nieldk tantrum and request to delete all my posts

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Oh, just found this:

edit: just to be clear, transparency is a big thing in EU, you can FOIA (freedom of information act - request based on this) practically every body in EU, would love to have not a wild guess, but confirmation that anyone EU based can not request information that could be used for doxing.
No idea how it actually works to request information based on FOIA, but I know that by law, an e.V. is supposed to keep an uptodate list of members internally (board). Afaik, this list can be requested by the registering court upon their demand. This would probably be the case in criminal investigations or the like. Not very likely to happen.

Some members here have my info (even paid 10$ for that bloody TM as I said I would, so council has it), but I trust our current members.
You nailed it... it's about trust (in board and GA) EDIT: and commitment.

If leaking my private info is just sending a snailmail/email request, no, screw that, unless you accept my name to be xxx and surname yyy, I'm fine with that, but EU probably not
It's not, and the EU is fine unless extraordinary request by court (see above)

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2015-07-24 at 23:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
The issue obviously is easily solved thanks to win and peter's input of concrete information.
-It is apparently clear that personal info is not common knowledge or easily accessible and that it is kept privy.
-I am all for a "No" option for those registering wishing their personal info to be undisclosed.

All that being said...
I have no interest in being part of a conversation containing statements either disparaging this community, it's members or the abilities of either.
Nor do I have any interest in trying to argue the validity of the continued existence of our community to a fellow member.
Concerning further offering of input on this threads topic
I'm done..I'm out.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following User Says Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Oh, just found this:

No idea how it actually works to request information based on FOIA, but I know that by law, an e.V. is supposed to keep an uptodate list of members internally (board). Afaik, this list can be requested by the registering court upon their demand. This would probably be the case in criminal investigations or the like. Not very likely to happen.
No idea how it works, I want to be lead by THIS guy, srsly now!!! All votes to our politician, **** answers, he has no idea, but it's good to listen to him.

You nailed it... it's about trust (in board and GA).

It's not, and the EU is fine unless extraordinary request by court (see above)
Yeah, I'm out

MODS: please delete all my posts, I'm out, the current community is a community of dinosaurs afraid of new ideas that do not acknowledge new developments, are being lead like chickens to their death by wannabe politicians. Screw that. Was fun while it lasted. Bye

Yeah, there's no way to delete that thread or any other that has answers, so mods please do what you're paid (lol) to do

Last edited by szopin; 2015-07-24 at 23:19.

political master... your smugness makes you out of touch
I essentially helped building this thing so I defend it from made up accusations, what else did you expect?

And I reminded of the code of conduct, wasn't that one of your points?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
I essentially helped building this thing so I defend it from made up accusations, what else did you expect?

And I reminded of the code of conduct, wasn't that one of your points?
No it wasn't, maybe you mistaken github with their CoC for me, the only topics I see you 'contributing' (yeah quotes are needed) is when referendum or new vote is up, nothing else you bring to this community excepot popcorn,f it, have fun administering and having power over dinosaurs, no new ideas are welcome, who cares, we got it right the first time, snowden, other developments, who cares, telegram/whatsupp is evil, we got IRC, we're fine. Not my community