Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Cracow, Poland
I installed 0.0.9 to eMMC and tried to enable Market. I rebooted like 15 times or so, but it didn't help. So, I tried to reinstall Nitdroid (once again to eMMC). However, even though I downloaded the image 5 times and reformatted Nitdroid partition every time, it always reports that the image is corrupted. I download from downloads.nitdroid.com, i.e. the official site. Do I do some mistake here or the image is wrong (size is the same as on the server)?

Originally Posted by DaReaper View Post
That should be /home/user/MyDocs

Noticed the "M" and "D" in caps ?

Try it again hope it helps , incase you want to browse through your root you can have Filebox installed
i just instal Filebox and evrithing has a sens. i'll give it a shoot.
thx

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
any info on this ?

http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=1006.0

new Kernel with APPS-on-SD support.

just rename and replace vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.06 in
/boot/multiboot ?

Last edited by moepda; 2010-12-27 at 10:48.

its same

Originally Posted by skoaa View Post
its same
i have a same problem i have even booted my fone after when it says succsessfully installed you may reboot to android! after that there was a setting for google account it took ages to verify the account. i pulled out my battery to reboot it again its says android n struck there for ever any one can help??? please or i have to uninstal and reinstall it again ???

Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs# (from i here i put the NITDroid file 0.0.9) which gives me error of cant open input file what iam doing wrong??

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
hi guys, help please..

my n900 is overclocked to power kernel 42.
I followed ammyt's instructions carefully and installed nitdroid installer succesfully
multiboot appeared with two OSs

once i selected nitdroid, the bootscreen with all the scrolling text appeared but then on the bottom the below text came out:

"ANDROID sh: can't acess tty; job turned control off
16.815826 Kernel panic - noot syncing: Attempted to kill init!"

then the screen just stays at that.. it does not start nitdroid. I remove the battery and can still boot maemo. what seems to be the problem?

PS: when i booted back to meamo, my OC is not loading up. i use QBW for auto OC on startup but it says that the kernel is not supported. did nitdroid replace kernel 42?

thanks! happy new year!

Originally Posted by mathina8 View Post
i have a same problem i have even booted my fone after when it says succsessfully installed you may reboot to android! after that there was a setting for google account it took ages to verify the account. i pulled out my battery to reboot it again its says android n struck there for ever any one can help??? please or i have to uninstal and reinstall it again ???
Skip this step and set up a google account after you've finished with the tutorial. because since you booted right after it said installation successful you are using 0.0.8 which has this bug.

Last edited by confusedfella; 2010-12-27 at 12:20.

Originally Posted by mathina8 View Post
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs# (from i here i put the NITDroid file 0.0.9) which gives me error of cant open input file what iam doing wrong??
triple check the spelling and remember its case sensitive.

Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
PS: when i booted back to meamo, my OC is not loading up. i use QBW for auto OC on startup but it says that the kernel is not supported. did nitdroid replace kernel 42?

thanks! happy new year!
You need to install the multiboot packages for power-kernel and reinstall one package. Its written down here somewhere http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC or here http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power

Cant reach it at the moment. But should be something like

apt-get install multiboot-kernel-power
apt-get install --reinstall ...DONT_KNOW_WHICH_ONE_IT_WAS

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid