Hello. I got my N900 few days ago and so far so good. Just wanted to say hello to the other N900 users

The Following User Says Thank You to sierra052 For This Useful Post:
Hi this is Sony, Admin mynokiamobile.org.

I am from India. Just got my Nokia N900 yesterday. I would like to say "Hello" to all the members and Admins.

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to mynokiamobile For This Useful Post:
Hello guys, iapex from Italy writing, i'm free lance Cisco System networks engineer. I'm an Apple user with Macbook. I never like Iphone because have a very closed platform, Maemo.org and their community helped me to buy the best terminal in market N900, that satisfied (for me) any requirement (vpn,telnet,ssh, speedest and full web browsing ever i try, imap emails, skype,gtalk and sip integration) and now i want to contribute the grow of community and maemo platform.
Thx @ all.

iapex

The Following User Says Thank You to iapex For This Useful Post:
Hi, Hugh Caley here, from Albany, California, USA. I'm a Linux system administrator so a Linux-based phone/tablet that actually runs Linux binaries seems like a great idea to me!

It seems like the N900 does everything I need except for reading ebooks with DRM; hoping the Palm virtual machine will allow me to run eReader in the near future.

Still waiting for my N900 to show up from Dell. I'm especially waiting since I just dropped my T-Mobile G1 in my swimming pool.

The Following User Says Thank You to Batmensch For This Useful Post:
hiy guys. my name is karsten and i come from germany (saxony near leipzig). i have a n900 since december 2009. my english is not so good.

The Following User Says Thank You to kruemel2302 For This Useful Post:
Hello!
I will buy my N900 this week!
It looks like a nice tabelt phone!
Cya!

The Following User Says Thank You to WillianWives For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, I'm from Italy and I got a n900 in december 2009

Greetings to the Maemo community

The Following User Says Thank You to Mindflyer For This Useful Post:
Hi Everyone.

I'm a new N900 user and completely blown away by it. Incredible potential in this platform.

Greetings to all.

The Following User Says Thank You to rasmall For This Useful Post:
got mine today. just wondering if you guys can help me understand something: i installed a bunch of programs and can only seem to some in the programs list. others, such as the milky way wallpaper etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to tarheel For This Useful Post:
hey im new here too... i bought my n900 dec24th and returned jan7th 2010...

to me n900 is useless and not perfect .... paying almost $600 and getting half complete product.... wow people

I have tried ovi map 3.0 and didnt work for me . Ovi 1 sucks !! and no google maps????
i was so excited to get my n900 and use navigation ,internet , phone etc... but everything had some problem... it was woow and also disappinted. personelly i didnt love it and return my n900 ... its better to wait little longer and get something works in many way better....
no google maps , no ovi 3.0 map (ovi 1.0 doesnt do anything just driving crazy ) , w/tmobile poor signal cant do anything (fort myers , florida)... is there fm transmitter ?? yes but doesnt transmit well... get a fm transmitter for $20 better than n900.... thick like computer and battery life is poor... touchscreen is okay but still not comparable to iphone .... trying to return it and delete all the data but didnt have factory resetting... dont pay for something is not complete... there is more bad stuff about it ... you will see when you pay it and use it.
i just returned my n900 and using n95 .. still happy

good luck to you all

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org