Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
With the new Version rejected calls now cause a missed call notification.
Kinda defeats the purpose of call rejection.
What notification? Do you mean the "yellow banner" that shows for few seconds?

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Hi,

is it maybe possible an integration with default contact system in n900 and this program?
I think address book is real important in a smart-phone or in a tablet like ours!
So a powerful management of address book is a really urgent thing in n900!!!!

if no
i think in my own opinion is important to allow:

- switching on / off widget in bootstrap
- mp3 ring tones
- editing of group names and increase number of groups like in symbian system
- multiple sms / mms to groups
- an integration of address book with other programs like outlook, or Thunderbird

Last edited by alninek; 2011-02-19 at 11:35.

Originally Posted by alninek View Post
is it maybe possible an integration with default contact system in n900 and this program?
The goal is to complement the contacts applications, even replace it. It uses the "same database" and accounts. Currently, the only integration is that you can click on the "contact avatar" in order to use the "standard contacts" application to edit the contact info.

So a powerful management of address book is a really urgent thing in n900!!!!

- switching on / off widget in bootstrap
Check the FAQ. Later I will try to make it into a setting.

- mp3 ring tones
That is a limitation of the phone. The only thing I can do is to have the application convert the mp3 to wav automatically (exactly what the "standard" application does).

- editing of group names and increase number of groups like in symbian system
- multiple sms / mms to groups
It is in the plans.

- an integration of address book with other programs like outlook, or Thunderbird
Any application that works with the phone will work (there is only ONE contacts database - the only information is stored separately by mycontacts is the groups members.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
What notification? Do you mean the "yellow banner" that shows for few seconds?
I get the banner, the thing that looks like a window in taskmanager and the red missed call arrow in phone log.
Previous version showed rejected calls like a received call in phone log only, which is ok.
I am talking about non-private rejected calls. Didn't get any private ones lately.

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
I get the banner, the thing that looks like a window in taskmanager and the red missed call arrow in phone log.
Previous version showed rejected calls like a received call in phone log only, which is ok.
I am talking about non-private rejected calls. Didn't get any private ones lately.
I just tested on my phone to double check. Regardless of being a private call or a call from one of your "blocked contacts" all that happens is that I see a "yellow banner" (may have a different background color depending on your theme) for a few seconds saying something like "Crochik MyContacts Rejected call from ....."

The call does not show on my call log at all. I would actually prefer to have the call registered on my log like someone else asked before.

Few notes:
The call r
  • Call Reject hasn't changed since the first time it was included on mycontacts.
  • The process is exact the same of "private calls" and "black listed numbers"

I can't imagine what could be the issue on your phone. Do you have any other applications installed that monitor incoming calls to assign custom ring tones and/or block calls?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

It seems on my phone mycontact's call monitoring stopped working completely.
There is not one entry of type "coming call" in the log.
It is set to monitor all (reject privcalls).
It worked fine before the last update.

EDIT
I have disabled monitoring, restart MC, enabled monitoring, restart MC.
Will report later if it works again.

Last edited by casketizer; 2011-02-19 at 18:16.

Thanks for this awesome app!

But could you remove the auto open website on startup?
And the auto start of app during startup, or at least give the option to autostart it or not.

Solutions to both issues are in fcrochik's posts on the previous 3-4 pages of this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
If mycontacts is limited to using .wav only as a rington and it a problem of the phone, why does the phone itself allow the use of .mp3 as a ringtone?

Phone converts mp3 to wav too.

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post: