I was unable to send Mail from my N9, but thanks to the detailed explanations on the wiki the issue was easy to debug. I'm just posting this here in case anyone has a similar issue and to say thanks for the great help on the wiki and in this forum.

Our mail server is configured to accept plain password authentication over TLS; however, only AUTH PLAIN was supported. Even though the mailserver reported this correctly, Mail on the N9 always tried to authenticate with AUTH LOGIN.

I don't know if this is documented anywhere, but in case you're unable to send mail with a similar configuration, check whether or not your server supports AUTH LOGIN. After I enabled AUTH LOGIN on the server everything works perfectly.

The Following User Says Thank You to inukshuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by rayluc25 View Post
Question, I have Mail for Exchange set up with my @hotmail.com address, but everything shows in plain text instead of loading HTML even though I have checked HTML in the email settings.

Is this just a limitation of MfE? I also decided to set up my @hotmail.com account through regular email (not MfE) and the emails do show up as HTML there. Though it would be nice if I could have email pushed to me and also have HTML.
Like I wrote few pages before, it is a protocol limitation, because hotmail uses Exchange AS 2.5 protocol. To get normal HTML formatted emails for hotmail via Exchange you can use this small application to enable "download full message's MIME" mode.
NOTE: old messages still will be in plain text, but all new messages will be fine.

Originally Posted by andynatt View Post
I have an N9, and have set up my Mail for Exchange to connect to a Zimbra service.

Its all working (sync/send/receive/calendars), but special characters (e.g. åøæ) viewed in the "From" and "To" fields are not viewing correct.

For the character Ø i see =?UTF-8?Q?=C3=98

Is there a resolution for this?

Thanks in advance
Hmm, I can't see this bug on my test device, so looks like it is fixed. And I think it should be fixed even in PR1.2. Are you still on PR1.1?

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post

Hmm, I can't see this bug on my test device, so looks like it is fixed. And I think it should be fixed even in PR1.2. Are you still on PR1.1?
No, my device is running PR1.2 (0.2012.07-1.320.05.1_PR_320) and its still occurring.

My personal Google account (from the add account options) works ok.

Anything else I can test out ?

Originally Posted by fongo View Post
andynatt what did you do to get Mfe/Zimbra working? I cannot get it to work, Mfe is not sending the client cert so I get SSL Handshake Failed.
I am not doing anything non-standard. I have the domain and server address configured, and using a secure connection on the default port. i also have "priority give to server" set.

Sorry I cant provide any more information than that. It worked fine first time.

I can't seem to find any answers in other threads. So here goes nothing.

After PR1.2 update, Fenix Mail won't launch. I can't access the Mail settings and MfE can't be setup either.

Have flashed using NSU and WinFlasher to no avail. I'm kinda fustrated at the moment. Everything else works on PR1.2, just not email of any kind. There seems to be no alternative email clients for the Nokia N9 either...

Need Help!

Originally Posted by andynatt View Post
No, my device is running PR1.2 (0.2012.07-1.320.05.1_PR_320) and its still occurring.

My personal Google account (from the add account options) works ok.

Anything else I can test out ?
I don't think so, looks like this issue is fixed in PR1.3, so all you need is to wait till next update

Originally Posted by thenutflush View Post
I can't seem to find any answers in other threads. So here goes nothing.

After PR1.2 update, Fenix Mail won't launch. I can't access the Mail settings and MfE can't be setup either.

Have flashed using NSU and WinFlasher to no avail. I'm kinda fustrated at the moment. Everything else works on PR1.2, just not email of any kind. There seems to be no alternative email clients for the Nokia N9 either...

Need Help!
and what about the logs?

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ NC USA
I am trying to set up an Mfe account on my N9 / PR1.2 with a Zimbra 7.1.2_GA server. I have been able to use the exact same account details on Android w/ SecureEAS so my user config part is correct.

A connection is never established. The logs on the N9 indicate "SSL handshake error". I had our mail admin run a tcpdump on the Zimbra server and the error we see is "Warning: No Certificate". By tracing this all the way through, I see the N9 is never sending the cert, which I *have* loaded on N9 and set to use for Mail.

Logs attached, I can privately send the tcpdump from the server. Is there some way I'm missing to force the certificate? (I was never prompted in Mfe to select a cert; I loaded the cert via Security -> Certificates).

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: gz logs.tar.gz (81.7 KB, 93 views)

How can I update the stored password for an IMAP account? Maybe I'm being real dumb, but it seems like I have to remove the account and re-add it?

Originally Posted by fongo View Post
I am trying to set up an Mfe account on my N9 / PR1.2 with a Zimbra 7.1.2_GA server. I have been able to use the exact same account details on Android w/ SecureEAS so my user config part is correct.

A connection is never established. The logs on the N9 indicate "SSL handshake error". I had our mail admin run a tcpdump on the Zimbra server and the error we see is "Warning: No Certificate". By tracing this all the way through, I see the N9 is never sending the cert, which I *have* loaded on N9 and set to use for Mail.

Logs attached, I can privately send the tcpdump from the server. Is there some way I'm missing to force the certificate? (I was never prompted in Mfe to select a cert; I loaded the cert via Security -> Certificates).

Thanks.
Client certificates currently are not supported by MfE. Maybe it will be fixed in the future update(s).

Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
How can I update the stored password for an IMAP account? Maybe I'm being real dumb, but it seems like I have to remove the account and re-add it?
Sign-in dialog will appear as soon as email application (messegeserver) receive the authentication error from the server So, no need in re-creation of the account.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
has anyone else run into an issue with the contacts syncing to the device from mFe but not from the device to mfe?

seems that if i make a change on my pc with mfe to a contact, it will take and sync, but when i merge a new number or make a change on my handsest, it would not sync.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950