hey im also getting this problem. the battery widget shows like 50 percent and my status bar battery shows 12 percent.
i have tried this

echo "blacklist bq27x00_battery" >>/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
then i reboot and it is still the same at 50 percent, the widget.
i tried this as well
modprobe -r bq27x00_battery
after this, the battery widget is back to 12 percent but it goes back to 50 percent after reboot.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
It probably will come up as time goes on.
Here's to hoping it comes up less rather than more. Frankly, I was kind of hoping a mod would clean up the thread.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

hey and by the way, THIS BUG, messes with the battery usage? because i have been feeling it. weirdness in the battery life on this bq27x00_battery bug

The Following User Says Thank You to yasirrfc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_
I am trying to screw the audience?

**** YOU.

Do your best, go on my son. Your pissing in a sea of noobs and making no effect on the mineral content.
Yea, so just because You bloat this thread instead of using PM to send him Your best wishes, i should consider You a noob, then steal Your N900 in some back alley and screw it with... Well, screwdriver, cause you're not worth enough to use it, eh?

*facepalm*

The worst thing is when you do something totally out of line, then you keep insulting people that are REALLY contributing to that thread. By the way, i was - just like ndi - hoping that mod will clean this thread - actively hoping, cause reported all insulting/harmful posts - but mods seem to be totally absent here for a quite long time.

---

Now into real thing - i followed Colin's discussion with Pali and I'm not sure if Pali understand why this module should NOT be loaded. Probably thats why, in opposite to other kernel versions, suddenly we got it loaded until blacklisted.

The question is, why yasirrfc got this module loaded even if blacklisted?

yasirrfc, can you please do:

leafpad /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

And check if module is really blacklisted without any typos there? Please, check triple for typos, cause it seems like that is the case.

Also, it comes to my mind that maybe You wasn't rot when editing and ignored "permission denied" reply, so module isn't blacklisted for real? Anyway, content of Your blacklist will tell us, so please copy it from N900 and publish here.

//Edit

As for Your question - it shouldn't increase battery life, but it is possible (though rather uncommon) that it interfere with charging calibration and charging at all.

By the way, if You feel that battery is draining faster, please measure it with dr_frost graph, or script that monitor current_now - other way it didn't exist (i agree here with vi_ - yea, we can still "work together" even that You (vi_) are d*ckish, you know?).

Most of the times when someone report higher battery drain - and someone report it ALWAYS when we talk about more popular kernels/.programs/tweaks/new N900 leather cases / whatever - it is subject feeling / higher usage cause you play with new options/ something else is draining battery, like new unneeded widget on totally forgotten 7th desktop etc... "Placebo'ish" of that is exactly the same as reports that phone become "snappier".

Last edited by Estel; 2011-05-17 at 23:15.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Yea, so just because You bloat this thread instead of using PM to send him Your best wishes, i should consider You a noob, then steal Your N900 in some back alley and screw it with... Well, screwdriver, cause you're not worth enough to use it, eh?

*facepalm*

The worst thing is when you do something totally out of line, then you keep insulting people that are REALLY contributing to that thread. By the way, i was - just like ndi - hoping that mod will clean this thread - actively hoping, cause reported all insulting/harmful posts - but mods seem to be totally absent here for a quite long time.

---

Now into real thing - i followed Colin's discussion with Pali and I'm not sure if Pali understand why this module should NOT be loaded. Probably thats why, in opposite to other kernel versions, suddenly we got it loaded until blacklisted.

The question is, why yasirrfc got this module loaded even if blacklisted?

yasirrfc, can you please do:

leafpad /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

And check if module is really blacklisted without any typos there? Please, check triple for typos, cause it seems like that is the case.

Also, it comes to my mind that maybe You wasn't rot when editing and ignored "permission denied" reply, so module isn't blacklisted for real? Anyway, content of Your blacklist will tell us, so please copy it from N900 and publish here.

//Edit

As for Your question - it shouldn't increase battery life, but it is possible (though rather uncommon) that it interfere with charging calibration and charging at all.

By the way, if You feel that battery is draining faster, please measure it with dr_frost graph, or script that monitor current_now - other way it didn't exist (i agree here with vi_ - yea, we can still "work together" even that You (vi_) are d*ckish, you know?).

Most of the times when someone report higher battery drain - and someone report it ALWAYS when we talk about more popular kernels/.programs/tweaks/new N900 leather cases / whatever - it is subject feeling / higher usage cause you play with new options/ something else is draining battery, like new unneeded widget on totally forgotten 7th desktop etc... "Placebo'ish" of that is exactly the same as reports that phone become "snappier".
hey it says:
blacklist mousedev
blacklist bq27x00_battery

hey what do u mean by dr_frost_graph? and one more thing. before like overclocking, when my phone showed like 0.4 percent remaining battery, it used to play 3 songs MAX then dead. after overclocking and some battery bq27x00, the battery shows 0.4 percent but it played for 1.5 hours and then 3,4 pic snaps from fcam then it died. overall it was poor battery life but in the end this was the case.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Here's the thing with bq27x00_battery - it is only in power kernel, not in stock kernel. It ALSO reports different values than the normal battery-monitoring module.

This is EXTREMELY visible if you have bq27x00_battery loaded AND have Advanced Power installed (Advanced Power replaces the stock battery status menu applet and entry with a python recode - on that looks for the battery values differently than the stock battery module does).

I have had Advanced Power reporting 0% battery for over an HOUR, with the device running perfectly fine under normal almost constant USE. For whatever reason, bq27x00_battery REALLY underestimates the battery charge left over.

What does this mean? That your N900's battery is NOT discharging any faster than it normally was. The little pictures on the screen that show you battery level are just showing the wrong values. The battery itself is still fine, as I've been suspecting since I first saw you posting about your battery issue and as your last anecdote just proved.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
hey yes i do have advanced power installed. so what should i do to fix this bug?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Powertop, top, batterygraph, ps logs or it didn't happen.
See attached. With phone fairly well charged, I put it in offline mode, locked the screen and went out cycling. Two hours later I heard the beeps of it shutting down (I did not so much as open the keyboard or unlock it in the interim).

I am trying sans bq27x00_battery now, in the hope this fixes the poor performance.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
I wouldn’t be quick at judging against kp v47 or CSSU or their combination for battery drain. I mean would it not affect everyone? I have this configuration for many days now and I have not experienced any unusual battery drain either idle or when using it.
This is my battery drain for about ten hours of inactivity at night; just gsm, almost perfect is it not?
Have you blacklisted bq27x00_battery?

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou