Originally Posted by mrbroph View Post
How long has it taken for you guys to get your letters? I sent my letter in over ten days ago and had a reply from KJ about a week ago but still haven't got a response?
First cancellation letter arrived at Vodafone Headquarters on 23rd August and was signed for

STILL waiting for a confirmation letter saying I can cancel

Only responce ONE letter was sent to the wrong address (a couple of days ago) and basically said IF I'm eligible to cancel it will take effect the 1st week of October but they havent decided yet if I am or not.

Your going to be waiting a while

Originally Posted by lew247 View Post
Your going to be waiting a while
That doesn't surprise me! Thanks for the info though :-)

I'm hoping I'm going to get something back by the end of this week/ very early next week really, otherwise they're going to be cutting it fine, its the 1st Oct next Friday!

Surely they have to finalise their decisions prior to this and let their customers know where they stand... or are we going to get the continuously sh*te Vodamoan customer service we've been getting all along and receive our letters saying we can cancel after they've already disconnected our phones... It really wouldn't surprise me!!!

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
only hours left... my number is half way through being ported to UNLIMITED INTERNET! .. (giffgaff)

yay!

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

This is what i sent BTW.... (i was on a £25 a month tarriff. so adjust % accordingly.)

By Royal Mail Special Delivery
Vodafone UK
Vodafone House
The Connection
Newbury
RG14 2FN

Dear Sir/Madam,

Requested termination of Pay Monthly Mobile Contract –
Mobile No. 07XXXXXXXXX Account No. XXXXXXXXX Email. XXXXXXXX

I hereby request the termination of my pay monthly mobile telephone contract with Vodafone in accordance with §11 of your Pay Monthly airtime agreement terms and conditions, and request you to send me my PAC number, via SMS / Email.

These are the reasons I am requesting termination of this contract:

I bought this contract in December 2009, and was clearly billed as “unlimited” data, and I now have received notification that you will start charging me £5 for every extra 500mb I use over a “supposed“ fair usage limit of 500mb. This isn’t fair usage any longer, it’s now a limit that disadvantages me, the consumer.

According to §11b (enclosed) of the Pay Monthly airtime agreement, I quote “we increase your charges in the UK which have the effect of increasing your total call and usage charges (based on your usage in the previous month) by more than 10% and you write to us before the increase applies”. If you increase my charges, as intended on the 1st October 2010, and this has the effect of increasing my bill by more than 10% based upon my previous months usage I am entitled to cancel. This will be true as you can see from the summaries of my most recent 3 bills (enclosed)

As of the 1st October 2010, the new charging structure would increase my monthly bill by £10 per month based on the fact I have gone over 1gb (I will incur two extra £5 charges). This is an increase of 33%. And based on my last months (august) bill of £XXXX, is still an increase of 20%. Every month for the last 6 at least, it appears I have exceeded 500mb. So would at least incur one £5 charge per bill. As none of my bills have ever exceeded £50, this clearly shows that my bills would have been increased by over 10% on every occasion. I’m certain this is proof enough.

The changes to my agreement as outlined above will mean my mobile data usage will be subject to automatic out-of-bundle charges and no Fair Use Policy, a change which is to my “significant disadvantage” financially, as it restricts use of data services, specifically mobile applications, for the remainder of my contract. Any attempt to impose them on me without allowing a penalty–free right to cancel, is unfair and unenforceable as a matter of law.

It has been clearly indicated in the announcement on your website dated 23/08/2010. http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.ph...nouncement=137 (enclosed copy) that If I receive a text message informing me that I will be charged, which I did, “From Vodafone: To let you know you're nearly at the end of your monthly data allowance of 500MB. If you need to use additional data there will be a charge of £5 inc VAT per 500MB , however we won't start charging until 1 October 2010. To stop these alerts, text STOP to 40506 Sent AUG ?? @??.?? UK” that I should write to you and request a termination detailing charges I would incur (above).

I therefore request that you accept this notice as an end to our agreement and that I receive my PAC Code within 2 working days of account termination, with no further penalty as per section 2 of your terms and conditions (enclosed). I look forward to hearing from you regarding any outstanding usage charges..

Yours sincerely

Last edited by mr_bridger; 2010-09-21 at 10:07.

I just found a good plan I'm thinking about on the three network £15 per month for @one month at a time contract. cancel any time you like. 1gb of data (enough for me) plus more mins and texts than I get now. It means I can just get a new contract whenever i like a new phone, OR I might go for a new xbox connect thing when it comes out as a 'free' gift.
BUT it says offer closes on 30th september.
I have also had the letter that says vodafone will decide on 1st october. It's truly a crap position to be in.
Might ring 3 and see if they will start it in a couple of weeks or something but give me the same deal.

Giffgaff.com

£10 goody bag gives 100odd mins, unlimited texts, and properly unlimited internet. gets my vote. no contract, and run on O2 so decent service.

have you looked at tesco?

£15 Tariff 1 Month Contract (500 minutes plus unlimited texts and data)

Sounds a better deal than giffgaff who do the same but with only 300 minutes.

Just checked and my contract is due to expire in a couple of months anyway so frankly can't be arse to jump through hoops. I'll just tell Voda to stick it when they contact me about upgrades etc.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Are you allowed to keep your handset if you are allowed to cancel the agreement?

I cancelled and I am now with TMobile. I have kept my phone.

Still waiting to pay my final bill

Tags
vodafone con