yees read my above posts

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
I've updated to v47. Also overclocked to 805 and enabled Smartreflex. Sudden reboots happen often. Now I noticed that enabling Smartreflex through QCPUfreq would have something to do with it since i tried 900 frequency and then enabling Smartreflex caused immediate reboot. Anyone similar findings & fix for it?

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by pyykkhe View Post
I've updated to v47. Also overclocked to 805 and enabled Smartreflex. Sudden reboots happen often. Now I noticed that enabling Smartreflex through QCPUfreq would have something to do with it since i tried 900 frequency and then enabling Smartreflex caused immediate reboot. Anyone similar findings & fix for it?
Try without Smartreflex... been using v47 at 805MHz/ideal and it is very stable here (obviously depends on what your HW can handle)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by petur View Post
Try without Smartreflex... been using v47 at 805MHz/ideal and it is very stable here (obviously depends on what your HW can handle)
Just my two cents..

I've never tried SmartReflex, but at least my N900 crashes(*) when using the ideal profile (with 805Mhz max or whatever the default is for ideal).

(*) not immediately, but after leaving it a while in idle I would look at it and it would display a banner saying that an unexpected reboot had happened..

Didn't bother investigating it or raising the voltages or whatever. I use LV now with 850Mhz and works like a charm.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Yea, so just because You bloat this thread instead of using PM to send him Your best wishes, i should consider You a noob, then steal Your N900 in some back alley and screw it with... Well, screwdriver, cause you're not worth enough to use it, eh?

*facepalm*

The worst thing is when you do something totally out of line, then you keep insulting people that are REALLY contributing to that thread. By the way, i was - just like ndi - hoping that mod will clean this thread - actively hoping, cause reported all insulting/harmful posts - but mods seem to be totally absent here for a quite long time.

---

Now into real thing - i followed Colin's discussion with Pali and I'm not sure if Pali understand why this module should NOT be loaded. Probably thats why, in opposite to other kernel versions, suddenly we got it loaded until blacklisted.

The question is, why yasirrfc got this module loaded even if blacklisted?

yasirrfc, can you please do:

leafpad /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

And check if module is really blacklisted without any typos there? Please, check triple for typos, cause it seems like that is the case.

Also, it comes to my mind that maybe You wasn't rot when editing and ignored "permission denied" reply, so module isn't blacklisted for real? Anyway, content of Your blacklist will tell us, so please copy it from N900 and publish here.

//Edit

As for Your question - it shouldn't increase battery life, but it is possible (though rather uncommon) that it interfere with charging calibration and charging at all.

By the way, if You feel that battery is draining faster, please measure it with dr_frost graph, or script that monitor current_now - other way it didn't exist (i agree here with vi_ - yea, we can still "work together" even that You (vi_) are d*ckish, you know?).

Most of the times when someone report higher battery drain - and someone report it ALWAYS when we talk about more popular kernels/.programs/tweaks/new N900 leather cases / whatever - it is subject feeling / higher usage cause you play with new options/ something else is draining battery, like new unneeded widget on totally forgotten 7th desktop etc... "Placebo'ish" of that is exactly the same as reports that phone become "snappier".
hey it says:
blacklist mousedev
blacklist bq27x00_battery

Has there been any consideration of releasing an updated power kernel 47 package without the bq27x00_battery module included?

After blacklisting that sucker here's how my battery graph looks today.

I've zoomed out so you can see yesterday's 3 hours of standby from 75%-ish to 0. And interestingly, overnight it held its charge well also, so my suspicion is not that it drains any faster perhaps, but that the modules messes up the calibration between actual and reported charge, as others have explained. So perhaps the charging process is being told the battery is fully charged when actually it is far from it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Xagoln; 2011-05-18 at 13:01. Reason: added batterygraph screenshot

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by pyykkhe View Post
Exactly same scenario, no reboots at all until now.

I wanted to enable smart reflex before V47 with automatic reboots.

Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
Has there been any consideration of releasing an updated power kernel 47 package without the bq27x00_battery module included?

After blacklisting that sucker here's how my battery graph looks today.

I've zoomed out so you can see yesterday's 3 hours of standby from 75%-ish to 0. And interestingly, overnight it held its charge well also, so my suspicion is not that it drains any faster perhaps, but that the modules messes up the calibration between actual and reported charge, as others have explained. So perhaps the charging process is being told the battery is fully charged when actually it is far from it.
hey can u please make me understand battery graph? i cannot understand it here nor on my phone. please help wpuld be appreciated

Originally Posted by yasirrfc View Post
hey can u please make me understand battery graph? i cannot understand it here nor on my phone. please help wpuld be appreciated
Well, basically, it's a graph. You enable and/or disable certain figures, until you know what you see. The colors near the despription relate to the colors in the graph. Easy way: deselect all properties, then just select one property, like 'charge'. You'll see a graph describing the battery charge. So if you just recharged your phone, you can now see how long it took, to what value it was charged, etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BertvanDorp For This Useful Post:
does this go from left to right? and shows the current day use? and going top means charging?
hey and im able to disable the options like charging and cpu in battery graph. how do u do it? and can u tell what is on y axis and on x-axis? ie time? numbers?etc

Last edited by yasirrfc; 2011-05-18 at 15:58.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou