Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
What is your point? Mine is simple, if your car had anti lock brakes than all the new cars will have that feature. Otherwise no one will buy it. Jolla phone as it stands, is a developer device, not for mass consumption.
How on earth do you form that opinion when you have not even used the device?

I am not a developer and love it, it took me far longer to work out the N9 and 900.

So do us and Jolla a courtesy and reserve your statements and judgements until you have given the device a try. You never know you may just like it as much as I do

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by att View Post
It seems that many sites that are ad-filled on desktop offer you only a mobile version that is totally different from the desktop version.
Wait, no way to force desktop mode? This should be easily doable community tweak though (user-agent-switcher is open IIRC)

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Finland
Hey. Anyone who has enabled developer mode and use terminal. Please tell me is your terminal app backround black. I think that i changed it somehow with that example ssh. btw after factory reset its still black. and when i peek home screenit is my ambiance colour just Wondering :confused

Originally Posted by Vipi213 View Post
Hey. Anyone who has enabled developer mode and use terminal. Please tell me is your terminal app backround black. I think that i changed it somehow with that example ssh. btw after factory reset its still black. and when i peek home screenit is my ambiance colour just Wondering :confused
Not sure if you're referencing tweak by thp from 2 months ago:
thp 2 months ago
[ui] Make "fader" background black instead of white

All that is needed to give you other colour is this part of menuFingerterm.qml:
Rectangle {
id: fader
color: "#000000"

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
The N9 has virtually non-working BT/WLAN coexistance. And possibly a too small buffer for AdvAudio profile.
I've had minor issues with audio on a bh-221 headset dropping out as I walk out of range of my router and again when I walk past a couple of routers on the walk to work. I hope they've fixed those kind of minor wireless interference issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
The N9 has virtually non-working BT/WLAN coexistance. And possibly a too small buffer for AdvAudio profile.
This was the biggest problem for me with my N9. I actually make phone calls and use a BT earpiece and if it hit any wi-fi while doing so, voice would drop. Frustrated me to new levels.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What can jolla do for me?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
How on earth do you form that opinion when you have not even used the device?

I am not a developer and love it, it took me far longer to work out the N9 and 900.

So do us and Jolla a courtesy and reserve your statements and judgements until you have given the device a try. You never know you may just like it as much as I do
How on earth? Simple. Burned by N900 and N9. Read reviews. Same story. No difference between n9 and Jolla fiasco

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What can jolla do for me?
It will make you happy. New beginning.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
How on earth? Simple. Burned by N900 and N9. Read reviews. Same story. No difference between n9 and Jolla fiasco
How strange ? You really can dismiss something without even seeing it our using it

I'll stop now as I remembered the old saying, never argue with an idiot as they will take you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience