No Zico, nokia sweden says new date coming soon

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, one of the operators in Sweden,3, is saying that the release will now be week 52..

One of the biggest internet mobile stores(katshing.se) sent a mail today and according to them N900 will not hit the Swedish market this year...probably at the end of january 2010.

If this is true or not, I donīt know...but if it is, Nokia will lose alot of orders on the N900..

You know the first photo you take with your brand new
N900?

Christmas Tree.

I hope it still has some needles then

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
So how come I'm seeing lots of people with it on the net doing unboxings etc?
Was there just a couple hundred loaned out to testers or something?

Anyone have any idea how many centuries we'll have to wait before it's available in the Oceania region?
(New Guinea, Aust, NZ etc)

Cheers

Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
nope. you'd think they'd offer the phone for developers - much like how Google offered the G1 to developers separately from t-mobile, but alas, that's not the case here.

Anyone ordered from: http://www.tricellinc.com/index.htm ever?

They sent me this email:
The Nokia N900 32GB is available in Our Store.

Our Store is in Finland and our Offices are in United Kingdom, Russia and in USA. If you make payment today, we will ship out within 3 Hours and give you Receipt of Shipment that will Contain the Tracking Number.

We Accept payment by Western Union Money Transfer.

To place an Order, just send us your Full name, Full Delivery Address and your Direct Phone Number. Once we have these, we will forward your Order to the Store immediately for packaging and get back to you with our Western Union Money Transfer Details.

So, get back to us with the details required so as to make Shipment tomorrow.

Waiting for your reply

--
Regards
Sales Department
Tricell Inc
+447024097025
www.tricellinc

Seems like a scam of some sort right? Anyone ordered or heard of them before?

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
So how come I'm seeing lots of people with it on the net doing unboxings etc?
Was there just a couple hundred loaned out to testers or something?

Yes, 300 units were loaned to the participants of the Maemo Summit two weeks ago, plus a certain number of pre-production units were circulating amongst the developers...

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by zfarooq View Post
[...]
We Accept payment by Western Union Money Transfer.
[...]
looks like a scam...Western Union Money Transfer rings big big alarms bell to me...

Originally Posted by zfarooq View Post
Anyone ordered from: http://www.tricellinc.com/index.htm ever?

Waiting for your reply

--
Regards
Sales Department
Tricell Inc
+447024097025
www.tricellinc

Compete and utter SCAM... don't touch with a barge pole... even the stock quote like on their website is not for their company but another in China. And the sale department number listed above is a UK MOBILE PHONE!!!

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ojva View Post
Well, one of the operators in Sweden,3, is saying that the release will now be week 52..

One of the biggest internet mobile stores(katshing.se) sent a mail today and according to them N900 will not hit the Swedish market this year...probably at the end of january 2010.

If this is true or not, I donīt know...but if it is, Nokia will lose alot of orders on the N900..
Probably something to do with this:

3 Mobile SIM card rejected
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5315

I read somewhere that Nokia would do firmware update that includes fix for this at the end of December. So maybe swedish operators and shops are delaying N900 to December in Sweden.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by r0eladn View Post
peanutbutter costs 4 euros in sweden. 80 cts in poland. reason? not because the peanuts are better in sweden
Now I'm hungry for Swedish Peanut Butter.

Mmm, those Swedish Peanuts.

Tags
black hole, choc santa is a priority, delete this thread, egg on toast, fokia n900000000000000 :d, i love peter, mental instatution, n900 is a hoax :p, n900 is soylent green, not-garbage thread!, november release, peter is hot, peter was here, serenity now, spam, this is daycare, this thread is dead, urge to kill rising, when will it arrive!, whiners unite, your face is a daycare, zamunda