• Merge pull request #14 from saaros/tab-question-caret
  • Merge pull request #13 from saaros/leds-on-capslock
  • tohkeyboard: free mutex if reading keyboard fails
  • tohkeyboard: capslock enables led
  • tohkeyboard: disable leds by default
  • tca8424: fix tab, question mark and caret characters

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by oskari View Post
My qwerty toh arrived today as well and was able to get it to work on my device using Kimmoli's driver (and also posted a pull request to map search key to ctrl.)
The close proximity of the search key and zxc makes common ctrl + ? actions quite an acrobatics feat. The triple line key would probably be easier to use as ctrl (just a suggestion until there is some kind of config tool or editable layout config file)

edit: it is possible to play with tohkbd on the go, you will need qt5-qmake and qt5-qtdbus-devel, core might be needed as well, and the standard gcc/++ packages of course, qmake generated Makefile and make ran successfully, yay!

Last edited by szopin; 2014-03-21 at 20:05.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
The close proximity of the search key and zxc makes common ctrl + ? actions quite an acrobatics feat. The triple line key would probably be easier to use as ctrl (just a suggestion until there is some kind of config tool or editable layout config file)
(Search) Ctrl is sticky/toggle, press once and it stays on for next keypress

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Another problem came up today with the camera or better with the flashlight, the white material around it is reflecting too much and so you can't see anything on the picture, I will add one as an example:

Maybe I will have to cut away around a bit and try how it goes.

And I did press my not working keys all night but still no luck, not a single vgt :/

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by meShell View Post
Another problem came up today with the camera or better with the flashlight, the white material around it is reflecting too much and so you can't see anything on the picture, I will add one as an example:

http://www.imgbox.de/users/public/images/BOiXg4g6vW.jpg

Maybe I will have to cut away around a bit and try how it goes.

And I did press my not working keys all night but still no luck, not a single vgt :/
okay, good point. next 30 will have the same shape, will change it for last batch

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
okay, good point. next 30 will have the same shape, will change it for last batch
I have black kbd part and white phonepart, and don't have this issue.

The greatest effekt is if you only slide out the keyboard.
If I rotate the keyboard to the maximum out I have still sometimes small reflections but not that much. But only if it's dark and using flashlight.

Maybe others can reproduce it.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
@Dirkvl, how physically tough do you expect the querty-oh to be? I usually keep my Jolla in my front jeans pocket, it sometimes gets quite a bit of strain when I sit and bend forwards. With the qwerty-oh, the phone will be quite a bit thicker, so both the shearing strain and the pressure might get bigger. Do you have any idea what will happen to it if its put to those kinds of stresses?

Also do you have any idea how resistant it will be to dropping? I will of course inevitably find out at some point... ;-)

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by stefanmohl View Post
@Dirkvl, how physically tough do you expect the querty-oh to be?
ehhh....

lets put it this way: i am a mechanical engineer. so when i design something, i will focus on two things: it will work and it will not break.

that being said, i have done 0 calculations on this design. if you want i can do a finite-element analysis on the keyboard. then i need the curve of your leg and its stiffness and the pressure of your jeans on the phone.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
if you want i can do a finite-element analysis on the keyboard. then i need the curve of your leg and its stiffness and the pressure of your jeans on the phone.
Hmmm, let's see boundary conditions from how hard my Quadriceps are for a FEM simulation.... Ummmm, no, sorry, I'll just have to trust the engineer - that kind of data would reveal to much to the world about the sporadicity of my gym visits! :-)

Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty