Notices

using cycle multiplier on psx4m gives better fps on most games than pcsxrearmed. ofcourse pcsxrearmed compatibility is much better.

i use quick save and quick load on psx4m gles and i dont think i can transfer them to pcsxrearmed.

Onother bug i found is quick load. I use resident evil 3, quick load works ok, but if i restart emulator and load the performance is poor, dont know why. Has anyone else this problem?

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk
hadjistyllis: psx4m(-gles) and pcsx-rearmed use same memcards (located in different places either)
so you can use in-game save(sadly psx usually use checkpoints system for save in most games), copy\replace memcard from psx4m to pcsx or pcsx to psx4m and load(continue in most games) at different core ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hadjistyllis View Post
using cycle multiplier on psx4m gives better fps on most games than pcsxrearmed. ofcourse pcsxrearmed compatibility is much better.
Enable no framelimit. That is simply not true if you do. With rearmed most games run full speed without sound at 600 mhz!

Edit: btw bonapart, is there a way to have access to the memory card
to erase and copy stuff for example. My memory card is full and I have no idea what to do to solve that.

Last edited by Acidspunk; 2011-12-30 at 18:36.

Originally Posted by bonapart View Post
hadjistyllis: psx4m(-gles) and pcsx-rearmed use same memcards (located in different places either)
so you can use in-game save(sadly psx usually use checkpoints system for save in most games), copy\replace memcard from psx4m to pcsx or pcsx to psx4m and load(continue in most games) at different core ;-)
Yeah I know that. The quick load I think is not working through different cores.
BTW how to solve the problem with GUI to load psx4m?
Thank you for your help

The Following User Says Thank You to hadjistyllis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
Enable no framelimit. That is simply not true if you do. With rearmed most games run full speed without sound at 600 mhz!

Edit: btw bonapart, is there a way to have access to the memory card
to erase and copy stuff for example. My memory card is full and I have no idea what to do to solve that.
Because pcsxrearmed now use GPU so cpu speed doesn't matter a lot for graphics. Cpu need for sound so overclocking will help in sound. Psx4m (especialy psx4m-gles for some supported games) plays with sound at full speed.
GTA plays perfect with psx4m-gles with perfect graphics and perfect sound with cycle multiplier 3.
Psx4m has stop updating, so pcsxrearmed in few month will be perfect and no one will use psx4m

legacy of kain soul reaver plays almost perfectly with the new update. good sound and perfect graphics at 900Mhz OC. but it doesnt save. has any one xperienced the same situation?

zzzchainzzz which saves? ingame or quick-saves(emu)

ingame save @ bonapart... ( note: i was using the old psx4mgui with the new pcsxrearmcore when i experienced it )..

Hello guys, i'm new here, first of all sorry about my bad english, i hope you can understand me

Let me introduce myself quckly. I'm mainly a gamer, i'm playing with fighting games (Tekken series, SF4, MK9, UMvC3) at tournament level, and i'm making combo videos out of these games. i'm playing with consoles since my childhood. I had only Nokia phones, because Symbian could handle a few emulators, like VNes and Picodrive.
I switched my shitty N97 (that phone was big disappointment) for a N900 about a year ago, and it's a whole new level... Damn this is a pocket PC, definitely my favourite phone of all time! Symbian is only a joke compared to Maemo. So emulators are necessary for me, i'm a huge fan of retro games and consoles. This phone was the perfect choice for me! I'm a Ps3 owner too, so i can use my joypad with the phone. Playing retro games with a Sixaxis on my Nokia? A dream comed true.

So i really like to thank EVERYBODY who cares about this phone, porting and working on emulators, etc. PCSX REarmed is excellent, a lot of games runs almost perfectly! Thanks one more time guys, keep up the outstandig work, and i wish a happy new year for everybody!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragonken For This Useful Post:
zzzchainzzz check ~/.pcsx directory (chown, chmod)
dragonken tnx
btw you can say thanks to Notaz&ari64&exophase via pandora boards cuz i'm not sure that they read maemo forums

The Following User Says Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, emulators, sausage ii, sneeze loud