Closed Thread
srsly wtf, everything was working cool and dandy, then red-led-blinking reboot and since then cannot get my hwkb to work reliably, sometimes it works for 5 minutes, sometimes for an hour, don't think we can get this working reliably until jolla fixes their part (btw if anyone managed to remove their hwkb oh pls share the tactic, screwdriver where to not damage it? it is stuck hard for me and need to use windows-like trick abandon battery for 10 minutes and reboot...) that was fifth red-led reboot since non-beta, srs wtf

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
srsly wtf, everything was working cool and dandy, then red-led-blinking reboot ...
I'm investigating this issue atm. I have had also few spontaneous reboots today. (no hwkbd connected, just running the daemon)

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
remove their hwkb oh pls share the tactic
I had trouble inserting it to the phone in first place, so i 'shaved' off dimples from other edge. It is tight enough to stay there, but i can get it in and out.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
I'm investigating this issue atm. I have had also few spontaneous reboots today. (no hwkbd connected, just running the daemon)

I had trouble inserting it to the phone in first place, so i 'shaved' off dimples from other edge. It is tight enough to stay there, but i can get it in and out.
Thanks kimmo, seriously doubt it is the kb daemon though. The two weeks as main device on last beta had one green and one red reboot, after non-beta 1 green and 4 red before plugging the oh, one after, on average it seems 1.0.4.20 is thw culprit, at first thought it was me using unsupposrted features (4g), but the last one happened on 3g... They just should move to bimonthly release if qualcomm is causing troubles (not even gonna mention other buhs/problems introduced by the supposedly stable release)

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
0.28 release note
  • RPM Installer, bin-only spec file
  • Binary 0.28 update
  • dbus config file remove. Relocate binary to /usr/sbin
  • Sessionbus connection remove
  • Binary 0.27 update
  • Fix for PageUp/PageDown
  • Update tca8424.cpp, Right control as backslash/pipe/ESC

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I was away for the past week, just came back and found the HWKB OH in my mailbox. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit. I have tried starting from all sides, gently or with some hard pressure, it will not fit my Jolla. I will try "shaving" some areas of the OH but I admit I am afraid about doing it wrong. :<

[Edit] Got it fitted after shaving a lot of areas of the OH, but it still attaches solidly to the Jolla (I have to use a credit card to remove it).

All keys but R seem to work, I have to press it in a very awkward manner for it to register, and even like that, it only works once every 20-30 attempts (same with "3" for Alt + R). Shift only works when locked with a double pressure but I think this is normal with current software version. Most special characters work, but will show a "?" before, like "?#" when I press Alt + D for "#". I was prepared to such kind of issues with a prototype, no worries, and the software will continue improving. Just sad the R key doesn't work.

Is your OH completely flat when closed? On mine, the top side (where the camera hole is) of the keyboard part is 2 mm away from the main part, while the bottom side firmly touch the main part. I tried to correct it but couldn't.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2014-03-25 at 13:27.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Okay, I can start assembling the next 30 in a couple of days. Hope i can send them out early next week.

They will go to:
Jouni, Jesse, Teemu, Harri (2x), Tuomo, Martin, Florian, Michael, Kamen, Heikki, Tomas, Soesman (2x), Michalko, Teppo, Walter, Peter, John, Joachim, Pawel, Auvo, Matthias, Jean, Mikko, Ilpo, Lehtonen, Matti, Kristian and Aleksi. (payments received between 29 jan and 13 feb)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Okay, I can start assembling the next 30 in a couple of days. Hope i can send them out early next week.

They will go to:
Jouni, Jesse, Teemu, Harri (2x), Tuomo, Martin, Florian, Michael, Kamen, Heikki, Tomas, Soesman (2x), Michalko, Teppo, Walter, Peter, John, Joachim, Pawel, Auvo, Matthias, Jean, Mikko, Ilpo, Lehtonen, Matti, Kristian and Aleksi. (payments received between 29 jan and 13 feb)
Maybe it's a good idea to fully test them first before sending them (does it fit? does all the keys work properly etc.)

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Maybe it's a good idea to fully test them first before sending them (does it fit? does all the keys work properly etc.)
yes, will do!

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:

They will go to:
didnt see my name there.. aww dang. guess mine will be next batch hehehe =]

(well.. i did only preorder in march ahaha)

seriously great job guys!! we cant thank you guys enough for all the hard work being put in!!

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
yes, will do!
Perhaps you could write down and add to the public repository what problems you discover and how you solve them? These kinds of pragmatics can be very valuable for someone trying to build a qwerty-oh for themselves... There are no make- or configure-scripts for building hardware :-)

Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty