Notices

Hello people,

I have the same problem as Brian7 stated. Everything works fine: sending location, camera photo etc triggered by text msg. But when I enter a new sim I don't receive the sms containing the new nember.

I also noticed that sending text messages to the new number (i know what the number is because it is my friends sim), it didn't trigger anything.

I have SMSCCON editor and deleted IMSI after I Added my IMSI. I pressed start and enable on boot, both were already active.

Can someone please instruct me how to fix this?

Would be a great program if sending the sim number works

Thanks in advance.

Sander

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post
Here you have:
(I type this with my sim card)
Hi Brian,

The info you gave doesn't show any problem in the libraries or the settings..
I will try to check again if I can find where the issue might be.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Hi Brian,

The info you gave doesn't show any problem in the libraries or the settings..
I will try to check again if I can find where the issue might be.

Cheers.
OK, thanks.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Venezuela
I'm living in Venezuela, using a sim card from the Movilnet cellphone company.
Just initiating tests. So far so good.

Test Phone Funtions: Call and SMS.
only that the SMS are sent more than 3 or 4 time each. But it looks like a problem that several people have encounter.

Send Test Email: status Email and Picture Email. Both fine.

Only issue, is when i tried from another cellphone number, it disconnects from the wifi and connects to the modem. For obvious reasons it has to try to connect to the modem in case of theft. The thief is not going to be logging to a wifi network just like that.
The app should be able to see if it's already connected to any network, and use it, and leave the modem option as a last resort option.

but the real issue is that when connected to the modem, can't finish sending any kind of emails, with or without pictures. Maybe is a problem with the service provider. i'll keep trying in the following days, to see what happens

Bottom line, excellent app, and really useful

Last edited by ronpachgon; 2011-01-30 at 19:09.

I have an improvement suggestion for this application.
Currently, using it requires the device and sim card to be unlocked which I believe is not a typical scenario (am I wrong? I sure lock mine to prevent a thief from making calls on my expense…). If the sim card is locked then this application as it is now is useless.

So assuming the device itself is unlocked and my sim card is, a thief would probably replace the sim card with his. In such case, if the SMSCON would start using the email for message sending will be great - for example - send me an email which contains the new sim card's number, a photo from camera and coordinates every 15 minutes for example.
This method will be great because the thief will surely connect to the internet sometime and somehow (from 3G or WiFi connection) and when that happens he will expose himself.

If this application can support this, it can really become a problem for the thieves of this device.

In any case, I see the method of sending back information by email to be much better than SMS as most people don't even have 2 sim cards.

This application has great potential - great work!

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
I have an improvement suggestion for this application.
Currently, using it requires the device and sim card to be unlocked which I believe is not a typical scenario (am I wrong? I sure lock mine to prevent a thief from making calls on my expense…). If the sim card is locked then this application as it is now is useless.

So assuming the device itself is unlocked and my sim card is, a thief would probably replace the sim card with his. In such case, if the SMSCON would start using the email for message sending will be great - for example - send me an email which contains the new sim card's number, a photo from camera and coordinates every 15 minutes for example.
This method will be great because the thief will surely connect to the internet sometime and somehow (from 3G or WiFi connection) and when that happens he will expose himself.

If this application can support this, it can really become a problem for the thieves of this device.

In any case, I see the method of sending back information by email to be much better than SMS as most people don't even have 2 sim cards.

This application has great potential - great work!
Of course you want to send the sms commands to someone else therefore you need to fill in the trusted phone number or use someone else 's phone to send the check command

Originally Posted by sander010587 View Post
Of course you want to send the sms commands to someone else therefore you need to fill in the trusted phone number or use someone else 's phone to send the check command
I think that there might not be a need for that for many people - it would be great if the email could have been used instead - if the SIM was replaced to a non trusted one.

This way you don't need another card at all - you can trust that sooner or later (if not immediately - through 3G network) you will start getting emails from the device that will send important info about the thief.

Such an option in the application will make it a lot more powerful i think.

Last edited by impeham; 2011-01-31 at 16:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
I think that there might not be a need for that for many people - it would be great if the email could have been used instead - if the SIM was replaced to a non trusted one.

This way you don't need another card at all - you can trust that sooner or later (if not immediately - through 3G network) you will start getting emails from the device that will send important info about the thief.

Such an option in the application will make it a lot more powerful i think.
True.

Too bad mine still doesn't send text message when new sim is entered...

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
how and where to put mobile no for sms if stolen??info for a noob plz...

Last edited by nicholes; 2011-02-02 at 16:48.

Put the mobile number for sms in "mobile number to contact" (put the internacional number). It will change if you receive a command from a diferent number.