Active Topics

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
If this is true I have no idea how it made it out of the design labs. At least not without a warning.
Maybe because they field tested the phone in an iPhone 3GS case?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by arbitrabbit View Post
Maybe because they field tested the phone in an iPhone 3GS case?
Good point, if all it takes to correct is a slim silicone case etc then its back on again.

For you maybe, yes. I personally don't like silicon cases around my phone and I guess most iPhone users I see don't have the phone in a silicon case either.

At the end of the day, it is a design flaw, and quite a fundamental one at that (who would have though that the two antennae can be shorted, eh) So depending on how many people complain about dropped calls and poor reception, Apple may need to recall the phone. I doubt that giving people free silicon cases would make the problem go away for Apple.

Last edited by arbitrabbit; 2010-06-24 at 14:20.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by dominik View Post
It's magical...

Noody has ever designed an antenna this way - Steven Jobs 2010.

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
I have a BD writer, the PC kind. I don't use it all that often, I don't have a HD camcorder or anything, but I backup my family photos from my NAS device about once a year. it's the only use I have for it. Other than that I could have probably lived with just a BD reader. Oh, and happy birthday.
Thanks
This is what I have in mind this way I can burn whatever I record and watch them on the big screen

Originally Posted by arbitrabbit View Post
For you maybe, yes. I personally don't like silicon cases around my phone and I guess most iPhone users I see don't have the phone in a silicon case either.
At the end of the day, it is a design flaw...
At the end of the day it will be an enhancement and they'll make the stupid user pay for it.

"Freeesh bumpers, get your bumpers! Bumpers the ultimate trend!

This will be indeed the final prof of the idiocy of the society we live in.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
Good point, if all it takes to correct is a slim silicone case etc then its back on again.
It's funny how Apple is offering first party iPhone cases for the first time with the iPhone 4.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@bec: buy an acer evo, install xbmc, hook it up to your screnn. make sure 1920x1080@24hz works... = visual bliss.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Has to be 15" max. What I have right now is 15 and almost portable.

Well I guess I could try to mod it into a mac

Last edited by Bec; 2010-06-24 at 14:23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
I’m sorry to say, though, the iPhone 4 is still dropping calls. In fact it seems that bars are lost when the phone is held by its bezel because apparently your hand is bridging the antennas located on both sides of the the bezel. But if you slip on a cover, therefore killing any connection between your conductive skin and the metal bezel, the issue goes away.
From CrunchGear

The Following User Says Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@bec: lol, you should patent that before Apple changes their logo 3D.
Btw, I thought you wanted something to transport your media files to your big screen tv (BD-R inquiry)... I wouldn't recommend buying a bluray writer unless you regularly archive huge quantity of media (photos, movies)... for 'internet broadcasted' content, go with a media player like xbmc...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever