Active Topics

Notices

woop woop, I shall install and notify you of any problems shortly sir!

Is the message section still in progress as I can see messages but cannot go into conversation and reply. Also leaving it in the background, do you need the time out to be set up for this to update periodically?

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Łódź, Poland
Originally Posted by EMoscosoCam View Post
Hello

I have read in the Wiki that the Facebook API does not allow to add Places, which makes me wonder why the iPhone's FB App is capable of doing so.

Thanks.
Yeah.
What about adding new locations in facebook places?
Is it possible to add this fature to sociality?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Facebook has both a public API (the one I can use), and a private API (the one Nokia/Apple/Google(?) use), I can only add the "Add place" and reply to messages features only if I get access to the private API.

Chat is implemented using XMPP (QXmpp library), takes some time to load initial online list but you can actually chat immediately, anyway, chat still needs some work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Right people, lets start marching on facebook HQ until they hand over the private API!

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Does it need a restart when installing the new version? It doesn't keep my favorites and it doesn't show me notifications when running in the background.

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
hi guys, just a couple of things so far:

- I'm getting an error when accepting friends.

- while running in the background, do i need setup the periodic update feature for me to get notifications?

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
Well, tried to enable the option to let it run in the background...

Once i got dced from the internet connection, it will prompt me to connect again. I have no choice BUT to connect to the internet again or not it'll forever prompt me to connect to the internet
Same here. It seems something that could be general for all. I don't know what the exact steps to reproduce the bug could be. Maybe shutting down the connection when Sociality is refreshing data?

I've also noticed another bug. I can (everybody, I suspect) delete the Chat icon, and the only access to it, I guess. Logging out and restarting the app brought it back.

Thanks for the update MAG, Except for that bug (and chat, that haven't achieved to chat actually, I set the chat user without the "@chat.facebook.com" thing ) everything is working very well. Nice work!

Originally Posted by carlon View Post
hi guys, just a couple of things so far:

- I'm getting an error when accepting friends.

- while running in the background, do i need setup the periodic update feature for me to get notifications?
I found I had to restart the phone and set up a refresh interval for it to work.

The Following User Says Thank You to dekor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Originally Posted by dekor View Post
I found I had to restart the phone and set up a refresh interval for it to work.
for what to work exactly?

Tags
facebook, facebook client