Posts: 22 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Auckland, New Zealand
Originally Posted by superhero View Post
Guys is it just me or is nokia stepping up a little bit this time?
Yeah. They stepped it up a bit this time. They needed to really in order to remain competitive.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Now i would really like to know, what was wrong with rm-680?

The Following User Says Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allwise For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Auckland, New Zealand
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Since we know that this device took a long time to develop, I am guessing the HW specs weren't updated. Doesn't help that the mobile processor industry is moving at really fast speeds.
Dual core phones are still fairly uncommon. I don't think the N9 having a single core is that big of a deal really.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1SnapMusic! For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by 1SnapMusic! View Post
Dual core phones are still fairly uncommon. I don't think the N9 having a single core is that big of a deal really.
Agreed !

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Whats really interesting is the two memory options. 16gb & 64gb. That definitely speaks of targeting a wider audience. Your casual user who needs storage for pics, a few songs, etc. Then you have storage size for power users who needs much more room. Think about it, why wouldn't it have Hdmi with that much storage...makes no sense.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
While the N9 becomes publicly available, Nokia has produced a limited edition of N950 devices for the most devoted Qt and MeeGo developers with apps in the works. We are offering 250 devices to open source community developers through the MeeGo Community Device Program (we are submitting the info right now). Nokia Developer has more for champions, partners and other professional developers.

I don't mind either that it doesn't have dual core, what i do matter thought is that N9 doesn't have HDMI out.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
so a sexy UI "consumer" phone with a dead end OS that has no ecosystem and the infamous Nokia "support" ....

... yea its going to go far

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/20/n...-later-this-y/

The looks are amazing, but No QWERTY keyboard and no lens shutter

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland