Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Sim lock is from the nighties. Haven't seen that for years.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Yep, perhaps ericsson hasn't been following the AEGIS discussions?
It's not a certainty, but I'd rather not take a risk, so I'll probably end-up buying mine outright.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-24 at 12:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by koivjann View Post
Here is photo of N9 and there on the screenTissot is asking me whether or no there is swipe to close choice available. I can confirm that it is available.

now THAT is a proof congrats

Will the n9 have MMS native to the device? Or will i have to wait for another fMMS type app to become available for use?

The Following User Says Thank You to xRobby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Sim lock is from the nighties. Haven't seen that for years.
Ususally, in Australia, it is unlocked by just calling them if you have signed a post paid contract.

The Following User Says Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I can confirm the N9 is now being shipped but pre-orders are being sent first for some strange reason.

Next week will see many Nokia outlets with N9's for sale so go go go everyone.

Seems this time i got the right information without delays !.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-09-27 at 10:10.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
There seems to be some doubt as to whether you can flash an alternative kernel on a sim-locked device. There is also this possibility:

telenor.se doesnt SIM look it I doubt no do it..

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I can confirm the N9 is now being shipped but pre-orders are being sent first for some strange reason.

Yes... very strange they send out pre-orders first...

They have learned from last year's N8 pre-order fxxx-up. (I can only speak for Germany here) Many people pre-ordered the N8 way back in August directly from Nokia and after shipments being started on September 30, many had to wait for their N8s until mid-October or even longer.

I for one, ordered my N8 on October 3rd online (no pre-order) also directly from Nokia, called them the next day, when I can expect my N8 to be shipped, and got in my hands on October 5th. I can understand that people who pre-ordered were pretty angered by this and blamed Nokia...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Wow, we've heard it from abill everyone, so it must be official now

Originally Posted by marrat View Post
The tragic thing is, he was being serious.
Don't worry, he gets confused sometimes

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-24 at 12:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by marrat View Post

They have learned from last year's N8 pre-order fxxx-up. (I can only speak for Germany here) Many people pre-ordered the N8 way back in August directly from Nokia and after shipments being started on September 30, many had to wait for their N8s until mid-October or even longer.

I for one, ordered my N8 on October 3rd online (no pre-order) also directly from Nokia, called them the next day, when I can expect my N8 to be shipped, and got in my hands on October 5th. I can understand that people who pre-ordered were pretty angered by this and blamed Nokia...
The way they normally work yes but this time the N9 is well overdue and held back because of WP, what should have happened was enough units PLUS a few more to cover pre-orders was what i was told a few days ago.

The pre-orders are apparently being hand picked for some reason and i was not told why.

There must be some kind of Elop strategy behind this.

Apparently next week many of the outlets will have them for sale.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????