Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by tuminoid View Post
I second this. Its likely that all cards having Verified by Visa and the Mastercard equivalent system enabled cannot use their cards. So only those whose payments aren't verified with online banking credentials are able to buy.
Nope, mine's set up for Verified by VISA and it worked fine.

Originally Posted by tuminoid View Post
I second this. Its likely that all cards having Verified by Visa and the Mastercard equivalent system enabled cannot use their cards. So only those whose payments aren't verified with online banking credentials are able to buy.
My card (Mastercard) has this (SecureCode) but the Ovi store didn't ask me for it. I am not sure whether to be pleased (since I could buy the level pack) or worried (since it didn't do the additional authentication).

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Denmark
Hmm, tried several times to buy the game without any success, but if I didn't choose to "save card to nokia account" (don't know the English wording, I am using a Danish version), it worked. Could be a coincident though.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I cannot use my Mastercard either. Great job Nokia

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
nokia have a policy where your credit card wont work if it was issued in a different country to the localised store your using.
same as when your using nokia online shop and they did same on n-gage too
maybe this is one of a few reasons different people are being denied purchase

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-02-26 at 12:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
anyone notice it's showing €2.99 including tax on your pc when on ovi store. but if you use the store icon on the n900 it's €4.00 including tax?

whats the deal with that?

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
nokia have a policy where your credit card wont work if it was issued in a different country to the localised store your using.
same as when your using nokia online shop and they did same on n-gage too
maybe this is one of a few reasons different people are being denied purchase
That should be the case for my card. But how weak is it that you can only pay by credit card and then not even with all cards. Why is there no paypal, bank wire etc.??? No wonder that OVI Store does not kick off.

The Following User Says Thank You to raily For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
Don't worry some of us with them can't get them either.

let me add to my problem by saying that my Mastercard has a second verification process. After you submit your details normally you are rerouted to another page where you have to input your mastercard verification password. This is not happening, and it could be related. This however would not explain why the Visa Check card doesn't work, as no such mechanism is enabled for it.

2d
Ah, you might be onto something here. Maybe they don't support 3D Secure transactions, some banks in the UK require it and it was supposed to be mandatory from August last year.

RBS/Natwest issued cards were fairly strict about this. So it could be a case of any credit cards that are set as 'secure required' might decline rather than other cards that might be optional.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
still no luck with finnish Visa & MasterCard.

I atleast have had multiple different error messages while trying. lets hope tomorrow is better day..
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
i've been charged £1 for every attempted. so watch out for that. the unticking add card to my nokia account made it work.