Active Topics

Ok. I narrow my choices down to Vikuiti and Clarivue.

BUT my question is : Because these screen protectors seems to be more stiff (plastic) than others. Are they easily scratch? like say if you put it in your pockets with change or keys does it leaves marks on the screen protectors?

It bothers me when i see scratches on the screen so i'd rather go with Zagg if the Vikuiti and clarivue are easily scratch.

well heres my take. I got Clarivue and i wouldnt say its bad very good quaility. I havent test it for scrach with nails ) and stuff like that but with finger and stylus works perfect. But theres another one that i order its Martins screen protector i believe it whould worth try its now avalable so i will see how it go.
And btw for those who will go for clarivue have to say that the one thats morror is literarly a mirror with a good reflection quality. Well nice thing for girls 2in1 morror and phone but not for me. Actualy wanted to get black one but was sold out. Heres link for martins if anybody interested
http://www.overlayplus.com/us/produc...od_type=screen

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
I started off with the IS film from ZAGG, but made a mess of it immediately. It's too sensitive to fingerprints on the sticky side while applying it, and if you don't get it just right the first time you really can't start over. The film will stretch slightly if you pull it off to reposition it, and where it stretches the optical qualities will suffer.

Next I applied the Vikuiti ARMR200. This was pretty easy to apply. It's a comparatively rigid substance, so if you hold it by the edges and flex it a little it won't flop all over the place and stick to everything in sight, like the Invisible Shield does. Also you don't need to mess around with spraying your finger tips and the protection film.

I used this for a few weeks , and was very impressed with the "finger feel" and stylus sensitivity. It really does impart a papery texture to the touch screen, but some may not like this.

In the end I removed it because the texture will slowly cause finger oils to build up where you use it the most (right in the middle) and no amount of wiping removes them. The screen always looks dirty, when turned off, although I admit when in use this really isn't an issue. The anti reflection properties are great.

Now I'm using the Vikuiti DQC-160. This is super shiny and slippery, and wipes clean very easily. The touchscreen is slightly less sensitive with this on it than with the ARMR200, which excels in this regard.

As others have noted, it is very hard to adhere the Vikuiti product around the very edges of the screen. I have several narrow areas around the edges which simply will not stick.

I think the bezel around the screen holds oils from your face, and it is difficult to clean out this area, so if you have been using the N900 for any amount of time before you apply the Vikuiti the oils will leach out a little and interfere with good adhesion.

So in the end I have spent about $30 mucking around with various screen protectors, but I definitely can recommend the Vikuiti DQC-160.

The Following User Says Thank You to jr1415us For This Useful Post:
ahhhhhh you guys still haven't answered my question.

I was wondering if clarivue or vikuiti are easily scatch? in other words if you use it with nails and stylus does it leaves light scratches?

Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
That's because people on forums have developed a reflex to ignore posts written in bold, red, ALL CAPS and other asinine ways of getting attention

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrGrim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK

I was wondering if clarivue or vikuiti are easily scatch? in other words if you use it with nails and stylus does it leaves light scratches?
Looking at mine, there's a few light scratches (only visible by getting the phone at just the right angle to the light), probably from the stylus. This is after about a month's usage.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Looking at mine, there's a few light scratches (only visible by getting the phone at just the right angle to the light), probably from the stylus. This is after about a month's usage.
hey thanks for replying, which one are you using robin? clarivue or vikuiti

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
hey thanks for replying, which one are you using robin? clarivue or vikuiti
Sorry - Vikuiti DQC-160 here.

I like Martin Fields. It's hard, and thus relatively easy to apply and highly durable, yet doesn't impact the sensitivity (at least on my 5800, my N900 screen protector won't get here until tomorrow) of the touch screen.

Best of all, it has zero impact on the optical quality of the screen.

Expensive, though. Supposedly there are less expensive knockoffs now that use the same material.

Edited to add: I had never noticed much in the way of scratches from my keys/change and stuff on the one on my E71, but now that I examine it closely, it does have quite a few nearly invisible fine scratches that you can only see with the screen off and light hitting it at a certain angle.

It did spend over a year in my pocket, though.

Last edited by wierdo; 2010-01-19 at 00:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to wierdo For This Useful Post:
@wierdo: wow martin field's looks awesome I might give it a try !