Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
This maybe is possible, but we have to pay again and so on in the next years if we want the current maps. Ok, there can be not much legal alternatives, but this is another question.

The question for me is that I paid for Sygic and still can live if they doesn't release updates for the programm itself (reason of them: because Nokia also not update Maemo again and that's right) but I expect updates of the maps, what is not given.
Do Sygic explicitly state they will provide regularly (if not annually) updated maps for the product as well as product updates. If not, then I don't see where you have grounds for complaint.

For example, if I need to update the maps for my Audi beyond the year of purchase, I am obliged to purchase a new DVD-ROM (or CD-ROM in the case of the other car).

Happy to be persuaded otherwise, but I don't think purchasing a copy of Sygic 10 ensure you would received regularly updated maps and from that point of view, I can't see any valid reason to you being upset.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
>Do Sygic explicitly state they will provide [] updated maps

The Sygic FAQ used to state (have not recently looked):

"Sygic provides FREE maps updates for products sold via Sygic online shop and products published by Sygic in different app stores"

Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
>Do Sygic explicitly state they will provide [] updated maps

The Sygic FAQ used to state (have not recently looked):

"Sygic provides FREE maps updates for products sold via Sygic online shop and products published by Sygic in different app stores"
I stand corrected then. Cheers for the confirmation. Ach - as your man says earlier on, it's simple enough to get updates through other means. Have to say though, up here in Scotland, Sygic's routing leaves an awful lot to be desired, sending you across farm tracks and so forth