Notices

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Prague, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
Hi,
I downloaded the "Engligh Idioms (eng-eng)" (file: comn_sdict05_idioms_eng_eng.tar.bz2) from the link http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/index.php. I extracted the file and copied the result file into the mstardict folder. However, the app does not pick up this new dictionary file. I have other dictionary files in the same folder and I am able to see/use them within the MStarDict. Any idea on how I can make this work?

thanks,
Did you changed "Download format" from XDXF to StarDict? New version of mstardict will automatically navigate you to that page with selected StarDict "Download format", because http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dictionaries.php is no longer working.

BTW: MStarDict is finally in testing, so please vote in order to push it to extras. Thanks

Last edited by rmoravcik; 2010-05-27 at 14:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rmoravcik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I a trying to run mstardict on my N900, but although application installed successfully when I start it from menu it shows loading and then dies. If I try to start it from XTerm I can see it is loading plug-ins and then complains about e-speak missing(I haven't isnatlled it) and then dies.
Any ideas? Is it espeak causing the problem?

EDIT: Installed espeak - still mstardict wont start. PR1.2 on the device.

Last edited by zlatko; 2010-05-27 at 18:22.

i need an english dictionary ? cant find the file can someone give me a direct link? please help i really cant seem to find it

Originally Posted by anaskr View Post
i need an english dictionary ? cant find the file can someone give me a direct link? please help i really cant seem to find it
En<->En (Oxford)
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xdx...-2.4.2.tar.bz2

The Following User Says Thank You to Quasar For This Useful Post:
Link please

Thanks for the neat app. I was using qstardict but it does not work anymore with Pr1.2.

Two suggestions/feature requests:

- ability to save entries to file (as in qstardict). I would like to write a little script to create glossaries for tomotko from those saved files sooner or later.

- ability to sort the dictionaries. I use a de->en and a de->de dictionary, and would like to have the de->de results at the top (so I don't see the translation right away).

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Nagoya, Japan
@feydrutha: Talking of tomotko... Not wanting to hijack this thread in any way but could you tell me if the latest version works now that PR1.2 is out, please.

[QUOTE=oldpmaguy;545283]You got me thinking about this, that I'd like this too.

Check out the "URX ZHEN Chinese-English dictionary" at the link I posted earlier in this thread, here
http://reciteword.sourceforge.net/stardict/babylon.php
It has your pinyin, I believe.

Sorry to bother you by coming back to this older part of the thread.
As SourceForge changed the links I cannot download the URX....Dict. As I need urgently pinyin in my dicts, I ask you to send me this dic or publish another link for download, if you know a new link. Thanks in advance
RR

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by feydrutha View Post
Thanks for the neat app. I was using qstardict but it does not work anymore with Pr1.2.

Two suggestions/feature requests:

- ability to save entries to file (as in qstardict). I would like to write a little script to create glossaries for tomotko from those saved files sooner or later.

- ability to sort the dictionaries. I use a de->en and a de->de dictionary, and would like to have the de->de results at the top (so I don't see the translation right away).
Same here - so thanks a lot indeed!

I like in particular the generally better readability, although I have difficulties reading words typed in blue. Is there a way to customize this? If not, I'd ask for a somewhat lighter blue in future versions.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I really like it so far Is there a possibility to use another on-screen keyboard layout to enter for example Cyrillic signs?

Tags
dictionary, mstardict