Active Topics

This is insane, at CES loads of new phones has been presented, from more or less all firms, except Nokia.

I really think nokia is doomed at the higher segment. Nobody will ever beat them at the lower segment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eikido For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
My hypothesis is that the N9, as was rumored (A8-based) is now dead and along with it, MeeGo/Harmattan. No one would buy into that half-*** solution, since it wouldn't even be MeeGo compliant. Seeing the announcements today, that hardware would be an embarrassment to release now and I suspect Elop is forcing them to play their cards close to their chest until their followup is really ready, with full support for their OS of choice.

As for your prediction of them delivering "spite," I doubt they'd put the effort into that, since it would require them going beyond even Motorola to target a minority that just wants an "opt-out." As above, I think the time is simply them being hush-hush until around the time 1.2 is ready, and there's a parallel port of MeeGo underway similar to the N900 to newer hardware in lieu of MeeGo/Harmattan.

Then we'll see if they're worse than, equal to or better than Samsung in terms of code dumps.
This is a very disappointing, yet likely true, future for Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattbutsko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by eikido View Post
This is insane, at CES loads of new phones has been presented, from more or less all firms, except Nokia.

I really think nokia is doomed at the higher segment. Nobody will ever beat them at the lower segment.
As far as I remember, Nokia almost never introduced new devices on CES.
New devices (and especially flagship devices) are always introduced on a Nokia-only event, so don't set your expectations too high...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
As far as I remember, Nokia almost never introduced new devices on CES.
New devices (and especially flagship devices) are always introduced on a Nokia-only event, so don't set your expectations too high...
Yet another reason why Nokia seems so behind the curve these days, now that they have competent competitors.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Yet another reason why Nokia seems so behind the curve these days, now that they have competent competitors.
I am not sure about that... I still dont find any good replacement of my n900. still searching... Android just sucks simply cause its an broken linux.

Android just sucks simply cause its an broken linux.
I love linux, but it doesn't have to be linux to be successful and/or useful. Although it's not 100% true linux, it's a very competent mobile OS in terms of basic devices such as PMPs and entry phones to flagship smartphones.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattbutsko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It's so close. I can almost taste it. Only 358 days to go.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
But where is Apple? :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
It's so close. I can almost taste it. Only 358 days to go.
This thread looks like it may have 358 more posts to come

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kitwalker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by slender View Post
But where is Apple? :P
Yet another reason why Apple seems so behind the curve these days, now that they have competent competitors.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:

Tags
best of 2011, douchebaggery, douchethread, fud fud fap fap, how to quote, i need drugs, wait for meego!, what is n9?, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz